The Count vs. Livan 3/2/07

Reddy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
Appearently Cotts thinks he is still in spring training with the Sox

1 inning

4 hits

3 runs

e earned runs

Just caught that on the MLB scoreboard. :D

But...but....the Tribune was reporting how great he looks.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 06:25 PM)

the trib would never report something that wasn't absolutely accurate, especially not about the cubs. and they're definitely NOT directly responsible for the cubs getting a freakin' #4 overall rating on last year's MLB 2k6!

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)

Ur talking about physical looks right? Its the trib so they were probably directing that to all the ladies at wrigley cause cotts is a pretty boy ya know.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 06:32 PM)
3 hits through 4 innings, sounds like they are the post all star sox.

meh, the people i'm worried about seeing are doing alright: i.e. fields, BA, and erstad. i guess i'm also a little worried about uribe but all the vets have very little to prove

QUOTE(ScottyDo @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
meh, the people i'm worried about seeing are doing alright: i.e. fields, BA, and erstad. i guess i'm also a little worried about uribe but all the vets have very little to prove

I am worried about situational hitting from our entire team. In the 2nd half of last year, and in the 2nd half of just about every year we forget how to do the little things. Bunting is cute and all, but I am more interested in someone who can hit a sac fly, someone who can hit the ball on the right side, and someone who can hit a line drive. I want to see guys driven in, and not just a bunch of guys wearing out the 3rd baseman trying to hit ESPN for the night. Just do the little things, not hit the dramatic dong.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 06:42 PM)
I am worried about situational hitting from our entire team. In the 2nd half of last year, and in the 2nd half of just about every year we forget how to do the little things. Bunting is cute and all, but I am more interested in someone who can hit a sac fly, someone who can hit the ball on the right side, and someone who can hit a line drive. I want to see guys driven in, and not just a bunch of guys wearing out the 3rd baseman trying to hit ESPN for the night. Just do the little things, not hit the dramatic dong.

yeah, point taken. and in addition we can't really practice those things without getting people on base, so i suppose the vets should be doing their part.

time to get a look at masset for the first time. wish radar gun was an official statistic but for some reason it doesn't show up on the box score

QUOTE(ScottyDo @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 01:53 PM)
time to get a look at masset for the first time. wish radar gun was an official statistic but for some reason it doesn't show up on the box score

Because different parks will have radar guns up to 5 mph apart. And on top of that, the same park can have different radar guns that give numbers that are different by several mph on the same day. And on top of that, the same radar gun in the same park can be different by several mph from day to day.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 06:55 PM)
Because different parks will have radar guns up to 5 mph apart. And on top of that, the same park can have different radar guns that give numbers that are different by several mph on the same day. And on top of that, the same radar gun in the same park can be different by several mph from day to day.

haha i know i was just kidding, should have put it in green. my bad.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 03:56 PM)
Masset has an unearned run charged to him because of Pedro Lopez committing an error.

4-2 Arizona, Top of the 6th.

If they win, we'll have lost eight straight to Arizona dating back to last spring training.

Well its hard to gage, but Masset had 2 ground outs, and I assume a grounder to Lopez. So that is 3 grounders to the one flyout. Not a bad ratio.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 06:56 PM)
Masset has an unearned run charged to him because of Pedro Lopez committing an error.

4-2 Arizona, Top of the 6th.

If they win, we'll have lost eight straight to Arizona dating back to last spring training.

more solid proof that spring training numbers mean next to nothing

Masset's second inning didn't go too well. 2 more hits and an additional run (earned) charged to him.

5-2 Arizona, Top of the 7th.

Is anyone here actually listening to the game? These last two innings for the White Sox have been posted incredibly quick on MLB.com.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)
I know its early but has any Sox pitcher looked good? Have any of them not given up at least a run?

I know offhand Gonzalez and Logan haven't given up anything. Can't speak to whether anyone in particular has looked good or bad. It's safe to say this early in spring training, Colorado and Arizona have had their way with us.

Now it looks like the immortal Oneli Perez has given up three hits, a walk, and one run in his inning pitched.

6-2 Arizona, Top of the 8th.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
I know offhand Gonzalez and Logan haven't given up anything. Can't speak to whether anyone in particular has looked good or bad. It's safe to say this early in spring training, Colorado and Arizona have had their way with us.

Now it looks like the immortal Oneli Perez has given up three hits, a walk, and one run in his inning pitched.

6-2 Arizona, Top of the 8th.

Not sure but didn't MacD and Thornton do good aswell?