The 2007 Big Ten Tourney

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 10:28 PM)
I can't believe this horrific conference is going to get 5 teams in the tournament.

It's going to probably get 6, which is amazing since the league is AWFUL. Those 2 games last night were 4 of the 6 tourney teams, and I didn't think much of any of the 2 teams (including Wisky). Illinois should be in after "winning" that war of attriction last night, I'm not sure how you could take Indiana over Illinois, all things considered, and Indy is in, so Illinois should be too. And Indiana, Michigan, and Iowa did lose yesterday with Illinois winning, so overall that's a very good day.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 02:55 PM)
It's going to probably get 6, which is amazing since the league is AWFUL. Those 2 games last night were 4 of the 6 tourney teams, and I didn't think much of any of the 2 teams (including Wisky). Illinois should be in after "winning" that war of attriction last night, I'm not sure how you could take Indiana over Illinois, all things considered, and Indy is in, so Illinois should be too. And Indiana, Michigan, and Iowa did lose yesterday with Illinois winning, so overall that's a very good day.

OSU

Wisco

MSU

IU

U of I

Purdue

are most likely all in. Regardless of how terrible everyone thinks the conference is, they are still a big time conference and pretty much any of those 6 teams could take the top teams in the mid majors and smaller conferences.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 04:10 PM)
a lot of touch fouls it seems, I dont think we are going to win this game with the way its going, and for us to have any success in the future McBride is going to have to grow a pair of balls and shoot the ball and MAKE it.

Step one is even getting open, and he's had a ton of problems doing even that.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 08:33 AM)
For comparison's sake

Illinois has:

1. Better RPI

2. Better SOS

3. 2-1 Head to head over Indiana

4. More Big Ten wins

5. 7-3 in their last ten over 5-5

6. Better on the road (9-7 vs 5-10)

7. 3 more wins overall

Indiana has:

1. More signature wins

2. Less losses

Not as close as it seems.

If there is one thing I've learned over the past couple years is how much signature wins matter.