Sox vs. Oakland, March 10, 2:05 (SS)

Heads22

The main reason why people wanted Broadway traded before was because he 'wasn't a power pitcher' and had a low k-total. Now since he has a bad outing, he gets more hate. And he does have good control, but needs a little more work.

He has a great curve, a 90 mph fastball, a decent change, and from what I have heard, he has developed a Garland like sinker.

It would be stupid to trade Broadway now, as he does have potential to become a sold 3.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Prior pitching for the Cubs now.

He has yet to exceed 87 mph........until the last pitch at 112 mph. Looks like someone is tinkering with the gun.

Oh, and now he throws 94. Bulls***.

He looks bad. Real bad. Poor control and worse stuff.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 03:18 PM)
I think once Prior leaves the Cubs organization he will revive his career and become a solid pitcher.

If it's his arm, changing organizations won't add velocity. It'd be different if Prior were throwing 94-95 mph and experiencing failure.

Watching him this last inning, he threw 88mph for several batters; but couldn't even elevate a weak breaking ball.

Oakland A's will likely score in the top of the fourth.

Right on. The scrub prospects have no entered the game.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
If it's his arm, changing organizations won't add velocity. It'd be different if Prior were throwing 94-95 mph and experiencing failure.

Watching him this last inning, he threw 88mph for several batters; but couldn't even elevate a weak breaking ball.

Who knows how much velocity he has truly lost in the past 3 years in Cubs organization. He really hasnt pitched consistently in 3 years, including most of the past 2 years, so his velocity was bound to go down. If he ever finds it again, he is going to need to find his stones too.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)

Give it time for Prior. he has barely pitched over the past 2 or 3 seasons.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 03:24 PM)
Was Scutaro's hit to the left or right field corner? The announcers said the fielder was non-chalant getting the ball back and allowed the 2b to be a 3b.

I want to say right....

I'd like to see Aardsma, Sisco and Masset all pitch in this game, if they are there and able.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 03:26 PM)
I want to say right....

I'd like to see Aardsma, Sisco and Masset all pitch in this game, if they are there and able.

I'd rather not have Masset pitch today since tomorrow's game will be on CSN. I'd much rather see him pitch live for the first time this spring tomorrow.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
I'd rather not have Masset pitch today since tomorrow's game will be on CSN. I'd much rather see him pitch live for the first time this spring tomorrow.

Touche. So would I.

Crede doubles. He's on some sort of fire.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 03:26 PM)
You think we could have gotten a better prospect then Vasquez from the cubs?

Aardsma is pretty good, I dunno how much more we could have gotten. IMO, Aarsma = Cotts (Aarsma better, but Cotts lefty,) so Vasquez was a cherry on top.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 03:29 PM)
Aardsma is pretty good, I dunno how much more we could have gotten. IMO, Aarsma = Cotts (Aarsma better, but Cotts lefty,) so Vasquez was a cherry on top.

More like a turtle dropping on top.

Sweeney deep flyout.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 03:31 PM)
So Owens was the guy being "nonchalant" going after the ball according to Chris and Ed.

He also can't throw worth a crap, so that doesn't help matters.

BA's batting .286 now. For the love of God, keep it up. It's good for the team.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 01:31 PM)
Singleton said BA laid off a breaking ball off the plate...which will be good for him cause he had some serious trouble.

BA sac fly to RF. Good for him.

Sounds like Anderson is having a fairly solid game. That's some good stuff to hear.