The South Bracket (San Antonio)

wow, I think my heart actually stopped during this game. Glad OSU pulled it out again.

Finally they can shut up about Matta "bailing" on Xavier. Come on, who really wants to stay and coach at a small private school in a bad neighborhood in Cincy.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
Man. It sucks when your team loses in the NCAAs. Singletary picked a bad time to have one of his worst games of the year.

Idk, Tenns guards did a terrific job stopping him, it did leave Reynolds open but he got cold. Hurting their chances.

Im going out on a limb saying Tennessee beats Ohio St. I really see this happening Id even wish to have the opportunity to go back in time and change my pick but I cant.

Reasoning:

Player to watch is Dane Bradshaw, is hes matched up against Mike Conley Jr, Conley is in trouble. Both are guards so this might be a matchup we will see. Bradshaw can shut guys down, he has some great defense, presses the ball handler hard and gets up in his face. He can potentially stop Conley.

Tennesse just has too many offensive weapons for Ohio St, granted St has Oden who is just physically a beast down low, they might not even need to play the post vs Ohio St if their perimeter shooting is as good as it was vs Long Beach St and Florida early in the year.

Tenn is a quick team might slow Oden down and help them. Should be close but give Tenn the edge, guys your brackets are about to be busted ;)

I like the AM Memphpis matchup too, 2 athletic teams, have no favorite but picked AM.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 03:34 PM)
Idk, Tenns guards did a terrific job stopping him, it did leave Reynolds open but he got cold. Hurting their chances.

Im going out on a limb saying Tennessee beats Ohio St. I really see this happening Id even wish to have the opportunity to go back in time and change my pick but I cant.

Reasoning:

Player to watch is Dane Bradshaw, is hes matched up against Mike Conley Jr, Conley is in trouble. Both are guards so this might be a matchup we will see. Bradshaw can shut guys down, he has some great defense, presses the ball handler hard and gets up in his face. He can potentially stop Conley.

Tennesse just has too many offensive weapons for Ohio St, granted St has Oden who is just physically a beast down low, they might not even need to play the post vs Ohio St if their perimeter shooting is as good as it was vs Long Beach St and Florida early in the year.

Tenn is a quick team might slow Oden down and help them. Should be close but give Tenn the edge, guys your brackets are about to be busted ;)

I like the AM Memphpis matchup too, 2 athletic teams, have no favorite but picked AM.

I take it you havent watched too much of OSU. Im just basing this on your saying Tenn has too many weapons for OSU and just mentioning the 2 freshman without really giving any mention of Cook, Lewis, Harris, Hunter and Butler.

As far as Bradshaw shutting down Conley, he didnt really do much of a job last time they played, as this was the beginning of Conley coming into his own. He has since improved a great deal as well. Tenn really had NO answer for Oden last time, nor could they do much in the paint, basically negating their post play entirely. It took a huge effort by Lofton to keep them in the game and give them a chance to win. Once again he will be the key for Tenn. The one problem is that OSU is also comfortable going small, with that they are much more athletic than most teams and as Xaiver saw, can go to the hoop or hit from the outside. If the buckeyes can control the glass again (39-27) and actually hit their outside shots, I dont see Tenn having much of a chance. I see alot of zone coverage for OSU in this game, unless Tenn gets extremely hot from the outside. It should be a close game once again, but given that OSU has played 18 games since they beat Tenn, and that was only Oden's 6th game back, i expect to see a different team on the court.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 03:42 PM)
I take it you havent watched too much of OSU. Im just basing this on your saying Tenn has too many weapons for OSU and just mentioning the 2 freshman without really giving any mention of Cook, Lewis, Harris, and Butler.

And the fact that OSU already beat Tennessee when they were not playing near the level they are now.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 04:02 PM)
Keep in mind the status of Chris Douglas-Roberts for Memphis; he's averaging 15.4 points for them and he suffered that sprained ankle. That doesn't sound like much, but that definitely hindered Reynolds of Virginia against Tennessee.

Ya. Those guys at Memphis are such great athletes. I cant remember who it was lat game, but one of their guards just took a crossover, took 2 steps and dunked on 2 guys. Thats the type of team this is, and could prove dangerous to any team they face. That match up is going to be SICK.

Havent watch too much of OSU, hmm ive seen them play purdue twice, watched them play wisconsin and tenn early in the year, shall I go on,i love watching oden literally. Im obsessed with big ten ball kid, but nothing against you, you didnt know this. I didnt feel like mentioning Ohio sts whole team as well as Tenn but that would just get redundant.

So what I think Tenn can beat OSU, OSU is young, what happened earlier in the year means nothing for any team, everyone plays differently when the tourney hits. OSU was lucky to make it out of last game vs Xavier, cause Xavier cant hit a free throw. Im not basing the game on that. Nobody in this region can stop Oden, most of the teams have stayed away from the post because of him, Tenn will too because Lofton like you said game lies on him and he loves to shoot from outside.

FYI Tenn hasnt played to its potential, just a year ago they were a 2 seed, dont recall if they lost anyone to the draft but they certainly are gonna look to beat Ohio St this time around.

For the record I have Ohio st beating Tenn in all my pools, I just want Tenn to win because it screws people in my money league.

Oh and WOOD your somewhat biased, yes ohio st is playing better and same with oden, but they arent playing as good as they did in the big ten tourney.

Edited by ChWRoCk2