The South Bracket (San Antonio)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohio State got a pretty simple draw IMO. Can't ask much more than 16, Mormons/Xavier, Tenn or VA, and them an untested Memphis team. I have tOSU winning the whole damn thing, so obviously they take this region.

The other point that should be made is this region might have the best pound for pound entertainment matchup in the 1st round in it's 5/12 game, Tennessee vs. Long Beach State. We all know how Tennessee plays, and LBC plays a style similar to the Phoenix Suns (they scored 92 points in a regulation game in their league title game, for example). That should be some must see TV.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Man, I'm a little nervous about Tenn's first round matchup with Long Beach, but I'm confidant we'll win, especially if we play the way we did against Florida. The only problem with us is that we're not good at all on the road and got bounced by LSU in the SEC tourney. We ended the season very strong, but that loss to LSU really hurt. At least the LSU loss was in OT and 3 of our top 4 scorers combined to shoot 6 of 30. There's no way they should shoot that bad again in back to back games.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 06:05 PM)
OSU should be ecstatic they fell to the third #1 spot.

aGREED, somehow they got an easy bracket even after kicking Wisco's asse

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 06:05 PM)
OSU should be ecstatic they fell to the third #1 spot.

aGREED, somehow they got an easy bracket even after kicking Wisco's asse

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 10:14 AM)
I think in my Soxtalk bracket I have the Ville going to the Elite 8. Most brackets picked them to lose to A&M just because that was the safer play but I really feel that Louisville has been coming on strong.

I took A & M all the way to the final 4 because their defensive numbers this season were that good, so yeah, I have Louisville in the 16.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 12:14 PM)
I think in my Soxtalk bracket I have the Ville going to the Elite 8. Most brackets picked them to lose to A&M just because that was the safer play but I really feel that Louisville has been coming on strong.

Maybe, but I'm not feeling the Big East this year.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 12:18 PM)
Oh I dont have the Big East beating any good teams. I just feel A&M and the Big 12 are vastly over rated. For Ville to get to the Elite 8m, they would only have to beat A&M and Memphis who might be the most over rated 2 and 3 seeds.

Try and beat Acie Law in the last 3 minutes of a close game. That's really all I need to say about A&M. Everyone thinks Memphis is overrated. They are this year's Tennessee (2 seed last year was a crock and they proved it). Funny that the two teams are from the same state.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 12:22 PM)
Try and beat Acie Law in the last 3 minutes of a close game. That's really all I need to say about A&M. Everyone thinks Memphis is overrated. They are this year's Tennessee (2 seed last year was a crock and they proved it). Funny that the two teams are from the same state.

law isnt going to nearly have that much room with Conley guarding him. He will pick his pocket.