The East Bracket (East Rutherford)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of these teams ahead of Marquette is absolutely ridiculous. Indiana?!?!?! Duke?!? Purdue only one seed worse?

Gosh damn. Round one game against the best #9 seed in the bracket, and then a round two game that's essentially at UNC? I could go on and on. f***in' bulls***.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 06:09 PM)
Some of these teams ahead of Marquette is absolutely ridiculous. Indiana?!?!?! Duke?!? Purdue only one seed worse?

Gosh damn. Round one game against the best #9 seed in the bracket, and then a round two game that's essentially at UNC? I could go on and on. f***in' bulls***.

MSU isn't the best 9 in the bracket but you have a right to be angry at the moment.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 11:16 PM)
MSU isn't the best 9 in the bracket but you have a right to be angry at the moment.

You think 'Nova is better than them? Purdue? Xavier?

No matter. We should win our first round game, even without McNeal. I'm just steaming about a second round matchup AT UNC.

I bet the committee is thinking about the McNeal injury, but even without McNeal, they beat a #3 seed at home and won a road game at St. John's. And we were in the game against Pitt, only losing by 10.

Whatever... I hate to go all 'woe is me' on you all, but man...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 06:27 PM)
You think 'Nova is better than them? Purdue? Xavier?

No matter. We should win our first round game, even without McNeal. I'm just steaming about a second round matchup AT UNC.

I bet the committee is thinking about the McNeal injury, but even without McNeal, they beat a #3 seed at home and won a road game at St. John's. And we were in the game against Pitt, only losing by 10.

Whatever... I hate to go all 'woe is me' on you all, but man...

I like Nova and Xavier better, obviously that's all a matter of opinion though.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 06:09 PM)

I think it is natural that the #9 seed should get home court against a #1

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 12:30 AM)
I'm definately feelng the Hoyas in the east bracket.

Does anyone have any info on USC? I'm not familiar with the West coast teams, but I'm trying to figure out if this is one of my 5-12 upsets.

Floyd is a really good COLLEGE (emphasis on the caps) coach, that team has a lot of talent, and I wouldn't pick Arkansas because their one big asset (athletic ability) will be canceled out because USC is just as athletic and has solid depth, especially in the backcourt.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 01:30 PM)
I fully expect Durant to burn UNC for 50 because UNC had to turn him down for his grades. But, I still don't think they can take UNC's depth.

You'd think teams would start doubling him at all times since James and Mason generally aren't going to hurt you that bad. If he doesn't crack at least 25 against most teams they're toast unless Abrams is hot...

That and Augustin has been playing completely out of control lately. To top it off, Mason was hurt for a lot of the Kansas game and a scrub senior had to get big minutes because of their lack of depth. If Mason is out or in bad shape, then they are screwed.