Brewers @ White Sox ST, 3/14/07

Balta1701

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
That quote last night really set me off. You're 100% right, unless something happens to Pods or Erstad in next two weeks, Anderson will start the season in AAA, I really don't have any doubt in my mind. Too be honest, I guess I would rather see him do that than get 3 AB's a week with the big club.

Just an awful situation this OF has become.

It just stinks because there's no doubt in my mind we'd be a better team without Pods on the roster, and letting Erstad/Ozuna platoon in LF, with the occasionally start for Mackowiak, and then letting Anderson/Erstad handle CF. This way, we could keep Perez on the bench (assuming he's not crippled now).

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 03:50 PM)
It's obvious Erstad at first base distracted Capuano to such an extent that he hit Cintron.

One can only hope he's a clone of Pods.

Konerko with a bloop.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
Erstad's music for his ABs should be the Clipse's "Grindin'".

Little known fact -- the upcoming Rodriguez/Tarantino movie "Grindhouse" isn't about two exploitation movies fused together. It's a 90 minute reel of Erstad stealing bases, hitting singles, and applying his grinder skills to everyday life.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
Little known fact -- the upcoming Rodriguez/Tarantino movie "Grindhouse" isn't about two exploitation movies fused together. It's a 90 minute reel of Erstad stealing bases, hitting singles, and applying his grinder skills to everyday life.

BTW have you seen the preview for "Grindhouse"? Looks fantastic. Saw it during a screening of "300" last night.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 02:54 PM)
How much will having Razor at third help us?

Pretty much addition by subtraction. Waving Cora is now on the bench were he can keep Ozzie company. I hope we dont see Konerko getting waved in on a smash single to left and he is a foot off of 2nd.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
I just distinctly remember having a conversation with one of my buddies in late November, talking about Pods, and me saying "There is just no way you can bring this guy back, not after the 2006 he had. You just can't do it"

Sure enough, he is being penciled in as our Opening Day Leadoff hitter.

I've heard this from numerous sources within/surronding the Sox organization, but they had absolutely no intention of bringing him back after last year. Then, they started getting paranoid about some of the big deals that teams were giving to guys, and they figured they'd lock him up in case they couldn't find anything better. In some ways, that Cubs/Soriano deal has really messed up our organization.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 08:57 PM)
I think some people on here won't be happy until Erstad and Pods completely fail.

We have them both signed for better or worse. Deal with it.

I'll root for both if they contribute to the Sox winning. I have no problem with Erstad....but he should be playing in LF. At least he'll give 100 pct and run through the base....unlike Pods.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 02:55 PM)
BTW have you seen the preview for "Grindhouse"? Looks fantastic. Saw it during a screening of "300" last night.

Rodriguez's segment looks far better than Tarantino's. Although I'm just judging that from the trailer.

I'll definitely be seeing it when it's released.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 03:57 PM)
I've heard this from numerous sources within/surronding the Sox organization, but they had absolutely no intention of bringing him back after last year. Then, they started getting paranoid about some of the big deals that teams were giving to guys, and they figured they'd lock him up in case they couldn't find anything better. In some ways, that Cubs/Soriano deal has really messed up our organization.

The Cubs couldn't stand just ruining there own franchise..they had to start to ruin others. :D