Brewers @ White Sox ST, 3/14/07

Balta1701

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 09:00 PM)
At this point, the better debate might not be whether AAAnderson makes the big club, but whether Erstad or Pods will lead off if Pods if not it stealing mode by opening day or not hitting the ball well.

100 pct guarantee that Pods will lead off.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The comments that people dont want a whitesox player to do well are not correct at all.

Let me clarify.

If Pods has a good season, then sure lead off and do the thing that you do. But if you are telling me that we should live with a guy hitting .241 for half the season and having an OBP of .298 then I think you are nuts if you dont want that replaced as the leadoff guy.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 09:01 PM)
Oh I can buy that, for sure. I think the Sox had there eye on Dave Roberts, but didn't want to go the 3 years, and I don't really blame them. Same goes for Pierre. I don't know how much interest was actually there, but giving Juan a 5 year deal would have been awful.

I just remember having the feeling that Podsednik coming back wasn't really possible. Just seemed like such a miserable season, they were sure to move on. Guess not.

The Sox thought they'd have Pierre signed within the first week of the FA period. What worries me about Pods is the fact that he took so long last year to get anywhere close to game ready after his shoulder issue. Now, he has a more serious injury, and he's just starting to play on March 14th? Keep him on the DL until late April, and then see if he can beat Joe Crede in a running race.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
The comments that people dont want a whitesox player to do well are not correct at all.

Let me clarify.

If Pods has a good season, then sure lead off and do the thing that you do. But if you are telling me that we should live with a guy hitting .241 for half the season and having an OBP of .298 then I think you are nuts if you dont want that replaced as the leadoff guy.

Hell, Neifi can do that.

Eduardo with a mild calf strain.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 04:01 PM)
Oh I can buy that, for sure. I think the Sox had there eye on Dave Roberts, but didn't want to go the 3 years, and I don't really blame them. Same goes for Pierre. I don't know how much interest was actually there, but giving Juan a 5 year deal would have been awful.

I just remember having the feeling that Podsednik coming back wasn't really possible. Just seemed like such a miserable season, they were sure to move on. Guess not.

And Figgins was going to cost Crede if the Angels were actually serious about that.

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
Can anyone post Pods stats for the last three years? Can't get to those sites from work!

Here are his stats since he became a big leager.

2003 .315 BA and a .379OBP

2004 Just like Willie Mays hays in Major League II he decides to add the long ball to his stats.

.244BA with a .313 OBP, both failures for a leadoff hitter.

2005 .290BA and a .351OBP

2006 .260BA and .330OBP

So good year, bad year, good year, bad year, who knows this year.