3/16/06 Sox Vs Cubs 3:05 CT

Kalapse

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it just me, or do anybody else come away from the interview with Kenny Williams and Ozzie in the second inning thinking Brian Anderson is going to Charlotte?

Sure didn't hear his name mentioned and it sounded like they expect Erstad to get a lot of at bats.

considering what Ozzie has already said about Anderson needing to go to the minors if he isn't the everyday CF, he's a dead man.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:49 PM)
Call me crazy but I thought it was good that he was willing to bunt in his first game back. Plus I think he should bunt more anyway. Than again I'm far from a so called money ball guy.

If he is still fast, sure bunt and get on. But after a few groin injuries, how fast is he going to be.

I want to see him go from 1st to 3rd and watch how he runs. That is more of a test of ones speed than bunting and running, or even a stolen base.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 04:50 PM)
Was it just me, or do anybody else come away from the interview with Kenny Williams and Ozzie in the second inning thinking Brian Anderson is going to Charlotte?

Sure didn't hear his name mentioned and it sounded like they expect Erstad to get a lot of at bats.

considering what Ozzie has already said about Anderson needing to go to the minors if he isn't the everyday CF, he's a dead man.

2 quotes from Oz confirmed what we all know really:

"The bottom of the order with Erstad, then Pods healthy will do alot for us."

"The defense up the middle with Uribe and Erstad really will help us out."

In not exact words, but yeah...

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 08:49 PM)
Call me crazy but I thought it was good that he was willing to bunt in his first game back. Plus I think he should bunt more anyway. Than again I'm far from a so called money ball guy.

Yeah, I know he's trying to work on it so it's actually working once the season gets here. It was more a snarky comment than anything...

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)

If you've been paying attention to everything being said in the media, you would see that Anderson has no chance to make the big league club.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
2 quotes from Oz confirmed what we all know really:

"The bottom of the order with Erstad, then Pods healthy will do alot for us."

In not exact words, but yeah...

i think BA will make the club. probably be a utility guy to start season

but i could be wrong

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 08:52 PM)

That's such bulls*** too. Call Anderson all you want on his offense, but there weren't many defenders better than him last year in center. If Erstad plays his balls-to-the-wall way, he's going to get hurt. If he pulls it back a little bit, he's going to be a worse player because of it. It's a lose-lose situation -- for him.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)

but i could be wrong

Ozzie has stated that if Ba doesnt start, he goes to the minors. Then he said how he likes Terrero's hussle.

I wonder how that is going to work out.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 01:50 PM)
If he is still fast, sure bunt and get on. But after a few groin injuries, how fast is he going to be.

I want to see him go from 1st to 3rd and watch how he runs. That is more of a test of ones speed than bunting and running, or even a stolen base.

The thing is he needs to have confidence in his speed and do the things that a speed guy will do. Lets see if he's healthy, if he is great, he's an asset as a leadoff hitter and if he isn't lets see him do what speed guys do (and if he isn't healhty he'll fail at it) and hopefully management makes the right decision and goes with someone else as the starter if thats the case.

Pods made a nice running grab. He's looking at least 100%, whether that means he's got his old speed I don't know, but he's running confident and a confident Scotty could be much more like the Pods of 05.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
That's such bulls*** too. Call Anderson all you want on his offense, but there weren't many defenders better than him last year in center. If Erstad plays his balls-to-the-wall way, he's going to get hurt. If he pulls it back a little bit, he's going to be a worse player because of it. It's a lose-lose situation -- for him.

but win-win for us. he plays balls to the wall then he'll be damn good to start the year - then he'll hurt himself and we'll have anderson up who will show he shoulda been here all along.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)

but i could be wrong

If you take Guillen at his word then no he will not allow Anderson to rot on the bench in Chicago he can go get his ABs at Charlotte while Pods, Erstad and Terrero hold down the fort on the big club.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
KW/Ozzie said he'll only make it if he's a full-time starter.

we'll see.

i know BA is a favorite on soxtalk, but i think he sucks. i also used to be Crede hater, so my evaluation of BA could be way off.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:57 PM)
grinder talk again...

Sure everyone is a grinder now. Lets see how grinderific this team is PASB when the temp heats up at the Cell, the pressure is on, and everyone tries to hit the parked cars on the Dan Ryan.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 08:56 PM)
but win-win for us. he plays balls to the wall then he'll be damn good to start the year - then he'll hurt himself and we'll have anderson up who will show he shoulda been here all along.

The thing is, I think Erstad is perfect for us if he were to be used correctly -- as the fourth OFer. Or hell, even as our starting left-fielder.

Remove Podsednik from the picture and everything is perfect. Eduardo Perez makes the team. Mackowiak is the backup corner OFer. Erstad backs up Anderson in center. Everything comes up roses.