3/16/06 Sox Vs Cubs 3:05 CT

Kalapse

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
Uh...ok you hear Oz there?

"The key is the bottom of the lineup, with Erstad and Pods back in the lineup."

Says volumes about BA and Chicago this year.

The only person that doesnt know that BA is going down, is BA himself.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
The only person that doesnt know that BA is going down, is BA himself.

i think thats retarded

whatever happened to your high-ceiling guys over the middle of the road guys?

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
Cubs outfield defense = not so good

If we thought watching Mack in center was maddening, wait till the "weeds on the walls" folks get a load of the craptacular defense that they will be seeing. They may want to trade for Mack to shore up their centerfield D.

Sigh....

I give Erstad 40 games in CF before he is hurt or an extreme liability there.

I hate this BS about saying we're tryingto build one way, and doing something totally opposite in the personnel moves.

"High ceiling" guys eh KW? Erstads ceiling in CF is that impressive you you and Oz huh.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:41 PM)
Sigh....

I give Erstad 40 games in CF before he is hurt or an extreme liability there.

I hate this BS about saying we're tryingto build one way, and doing something totally opposite in the personnel moves.

"High ceiling" guys eh KW? Erstads ceiling in CF is that impressive you you and Oz huh.

Just a few of the things you hear from people like Hawk: Darin Erstad is an All-Star and once had over 250 hits in one season. He also won a GG just 2 years ago so I don't see why you wouldn't want him starting in CF.

Reality Check: The AS season and 250+ hits took place 7 years ago and the gold glove he won was at 1B.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:45 PM)
Just a few of the things you hear from people like Hawk: Darin Erstad is an All-Star and once had over 250 hits in one season. He also won a GG just 2 years ago so I don't see why you wouldn't want him starting in CF.

Reality Check: The AS season and 250+ hits took place 7 years ago and the gold glove he won was at 1B.

Didn't he win one in the infield and one in the outfield?

Ozzie says Juan has walked more in spring training than he did the last two years of the regular season and he just drew a great walk (something I never thought Juan would do).

Ozzie is also saying that he has talked to Juan about getting a higher OBP. Also said some nice things about Ersty.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 04:46 PM)
So, will BA have to hit .400 this spring to stay on the roster?

Lets face it, BA could be hitting .800 and he'd still be on his way to Charlotte. Oz is making all sorts of subconscious comments that all but confirm that Ba has a snowballs chance in hell of being in Chicago come April.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 01:48 PM)
Scotty is in midseason form.

Call me crazy but I thought it was good that he was willing to bunt in his first game back. Plus I think he should bunt more anyway. Than again I'm far from a so called money ball guy.