3/16/06 Sox Vs Cubs 3:05 CT

Kalapse

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:57 PM)
grinder talk again...

See that's why I love picture in picture. I can watch and listen to the Wisc/A&MCC game in HD while also watching the Sox and not having to hear Hawk babble about bulls*** like that, fun.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
The thing is, I think Erstad is perfect for us if he were to be used correctly -- as the fourth OFer. Or hell, even as our starting left-fielder.

Remove Podsednik from the picture and everything is perfect. Eduardo Perez makes the team. Mackowiak is the backup corner OFer. Erstad backs up Anderson in center. Everything comes up roses.

oh i agree 100% but that'll never happen unfortunately

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:58 PM)
if anybody is taking bets, BA is either going to the minors as some kind of punishment or going to another team in a deal.

And if they send him down, be interesting to see if he holds his fire or speaks out and ensures a deal.

He'll keep his mouth shut in the media. I think Brian knows what's best for him and that's not doing any more damage to his reputation. If he keeps his mouth shut for the first 3 weeks of the season he should get the callup by the beginning of May when one of the starting outfielders goes down with an injury.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 04:01 PM)
oh i agree 100% but that'll never happen unfortunately

We had Pods walking around hitting .241 with a sub .300OBP playing crap O, and crap D and hurting the team. Ozzie didnt replace him and put Mack in LF with the season in check. So if he thinks that Pods is healthy he will have him bunting, running and doing whatever he thinks he can do. To get Mack or Erstad in LF, Pods needs to trip over a landmind that takes out his legs. And if they give him artificial legs and some rehab time, Ozzie will put him back out there.

These are things that have been said, and something that I could picture him saying.

Ozzie is one of the smartest baseball minds I have been around.

This is the bestest team I have been around.

Joe Crede is like a young Brooks Robinson.

I would take Juan Uribe's in SS over any SS in the game.

I would take the Sox starting 9 over anyone in the league.

I see travis hafner and he is good, but he is no Rob Macowiak.

You keep an eye on Brian Anderson, he will turn some heads with how he plays D.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:58 PM)
if anybody is taking bets, BA is either going to the minors as some kind of punishment or going to another team in a deal.

I'd be willing to bet Anderson isn't traded.

Erstad can't possibly be regarded as a long term option in CF. If Brian is dealt, who occupies the position in 2008? Perhaps we could get by with mid tier, FA options; if not for possible openings in LF and RF to worry about.

This organization needs Anderson more than they may admit. Even if they continue to screw with his development and send him down, it'd be much better than dealing him and essentially admitting the orgnazation drastically overrated Anderson.

As much as trading Young was heavily criticized from the beginning, Anderson was available. Who's behind Anderson? I wouldn't consider Sweeney an option, either.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 04:08 PM)
How about one of the oldest? How many teams have three 31+ year old outfielders? (31,33,33) Outside of the Giants of course.

here are the ages of the starting OF of our main rivals

Cleveland (33,24,33)

Minn (35,31,27)

Detroit (30,25,38)

so, yea, we do have a fairly old OF. but it's not that bad.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
I was just reading that Freddy Garcia hasnt look to sharp this spring. Lots of walks and no velocity on his fastball.

its ok he'll do well as a finesse pitcher you'll see.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 02:17 PM)
As much as trading Young was heavily criticized from the beginning, Anderson was available. Who's behind Anderson? I wouldn't consider Sweeney an option, either.

Well, just because you wouldn't consider Sweeney an option doesn't mean that the management doesn't. And they may also love the hustle of "Terrero" too (honestly, I still wouldnt' be mad seeing him on the bench this year, but not at the expense of Anderson). And by mid 08-09, they may be penciling in Aaron Cunningham at this point.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 04:23 PM)
(honestly, I still wouldnt' be mad seeing him on the bench this year, but not at the expense of Anderson).

i guess Ozzie said Anderson will either start on the MLB club, or be in AAA. won't keep him as a bench player.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 02:26 PM)
i guess Ozzie said Anderson will either start on the MLB club, or be in AAA. won't keep him as a bench player. atleast thats what i've been told.

I know, I know. I'm just saying I don't want the roster to be Erstad/Terrero instead of Anderson/Erstad. I'm talking roster spots. You just have to learn to tolerate my gibberish.