Today is the Day! (3-18 Thread)

JDsDirtySox

The battle for the final spot in the White Sox rotation will be front and center on Sunday when the White Sox head up I-10 to Peoria for a 3:05 p.m. CT game against the Padres at Peoria Stadium. Left-hander John Danks, perhaps the leading candidate at this point for the fifth spot in the Sox rotation, will make his first start of the spring after four consecutive relief appearances. Danks enters the start 1-0 with a 2.00 ERA in the spring. Right-hander Gavin Floyd, another top contender for the spot, will follow Danks on the mound. Right-hander Matt Thornton is also scheduled to pitch for the White Sox. The Padres will start left-hander David Wells.

Good Luck Danks... be the man.

Edited by JDsDirtySox

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
The games have been on Friday, Saturday, and are on Tomorrow. Of course, it's not on today.

O well, I'll be listening. Big day for this team.

I can't believe that mlb.tv isn't offering spring training as a "free sample".

I take it this is the gamethread.

I'm hoping Danks pitches well this afternoon. The worst possible scenario would be for Danks to be crushed and Floyd to fare well. Then, we'll be in a situation where perhaps neither are suited and the decision will rest on which pitcher sucks less.

We're really making this decision more difficult than it has to be. Danks, Floyd and Haeger ALL should be starting 'A' games against major league lineups. It's the veteran starters who should be starting B games. They're the ones guaranteed jobs.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 02:56 PM)
I would say the worst possible scenario would be for Danks to come out, get rocked, and Floyd follow that up by getting crushed. Not sure how you can Floyd pitching well would be a bad thing.

hell yes

And good luck to both of them, not just Danks. They are both candiates for the job, and I want the best man to win it.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 01:56 PM)
I would say the worst possible scenario would be for Danks to come out, get rocked, and Floyd follow that up by getting crushed. Not sure how you can Floyd pitching well would be a bad thing.

Danks is the favorite now, and I'd like it to remain that way. No illusions of Floyd contributing to this ballclub from within the rotation.

If both pitch poorly, nothing changes about Floyd. However, Danks' status takes a huge hit. Danks pitches well and Floyd implodes, we're just reaffirming a decision of the better player.

Konerko hit a bomb off the CF huge wall for a double, then Dye with a single, then Crede with a double.

1-0 good guys

Mack with a single up the middle, scores Dye and Crede

3-0 good guys off Wells

Not trying to take shots at David Wells (like I like to do) but man does he look finished.

He is known to have pin point accuracy... but when you are throwing low 80s prepare to get rocked Tubby.

Danks starts off with a K looking of Marcus Giles