Today is the Day! (3-18 Thread)

JDsDirtySox

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
Their success depends solely on the health of that rotation. Sabathia, Westbrook, and Lee...if they're healthy, they're going to be good. If I'm not mistaken, Garko will be starting at 1st with Hafner at DH. But they're definitely going to rely on Garko and Barfield to produce. But with Hafner, Martinez, Blake, and Sizemore in the lineup...wow.

Their lineup is going to be ridiculous.

What I've read is that they are going to go Blake/Garko at 1B along Nixon/Blake in RF and Dellucci/Michaels in LF. I figure they can probably get Garko about 350-400 ABs, so that should be more than enough.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
Their success depends solely on the health of that rotation. Sabathia, Westbrook, and Lee...if they're healthy, they're going to be good. If I'm not mistaken, Garko will be starting at 1st with Hafner at DH. But they're definitely going to rely on Garko and Barfield to produce. But with Hafner, Martinez, Blake, and Sizemore in the lineup...wow.

i agree. I'm not entirely sold on Matre; his last 500+ professional ABs have been maso menos to say the least. i think barfield will thrive outside of petco and in that young clubhouse. thier bp is going to be their achilles heel. the tribe like every team in the central has their question marks and honestly i couldn't pick one team at this juncture guaranteed the post season.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)

What I've read is that they are going to go Blake/Garko at 1B along Nixon/Blake in RF and Dellucci/Michaels in LF. I figure they can probably get Garko about 350-400 ABs, so that should be more than enough.

I am still not sold on Borowski as a closer, or Carmona..etc. Borowski did in last year in mammoth park, he failed a physical at the Phillies. So something is not good there.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)

When Blake plays 1st, who will play 3rd?

Oh, duh, forgot about Marte.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:13 PM)
I thought V-Mart was going to play more first with Shoppach behind the plate.

I'm not sure how it will go. I think Blake will play mainly 3B and RF, with Victor platooning with Shoppach at C and Garko at 1B.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)
I'm not sure how it will go. I think Blake will play mainly 3B and RF, with Victor platooning with Shoppach at C and Garko at 1B.

I think I read today that Blake will be batting 5th