Today is the Day! (3-18 Thread)

JDsDirtySox

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(beautox @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:44 PM)
who do you think is going to preform better this year? Kouzmanoff or Barfield.

Well if you play MLB 07:The Show, you'll know that Barfield is the 2nd coming of god on that game :P I have a hard time ever getting him out at all.

As for real life, no idea, just thought I'd throw that in.

Nice ring up of Branyon

QUOTE(beautox @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 03:44 PM)
who do you think is going to preform better this year? Kouzmanoff or Barfield.

Offensively Kouz will, and that I figure is a certainty, unless of course you're talking VORP wise here, in which case I have no idea.

That was a good trade for both teams though, because Cleveland just has an overload of talent that they can use, so Kouz was expendable.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
Way to battle Danks. COulda been much worse

Yeah, he kept it to nearly the minimum. 4 K's through 2 innings is not bad at all. Uribe nearly made the play to keep it to 1 run but it was tough in the hole in short left. Couple lucky infield hits is nothing to worry about.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 03:51 PM)
Offensively Kouz will, and that I figure is a certainty, unless of course you're talking VORP wise here, in which case I have no idea.

That was a good trade for both teams though, because Cleveland just has an overload of talent that they can use, so Kouz was expendable.

i agree i think Kouz is going to rake this year, but i think Garko is going to be a sox killer :(, well i should say in general a very deadly hitter. the tribes line up is scary.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 03:51 PM)
Yeah, he kept it to nearly the minimum. 4 K's through 2 innings is not bad at all. Uribe nearly made the play to keep it to 1 run but it was tough in the hole in short left. Couple lucky infield hits is nothing to worry about.

We also have to remember, Danks is a 5th starter, not a number one yet. So he will give up runs, he will make rookie mistakes but remember when El Duque was our starter and was absolutely miserable at the end of the year getting decked. If Danks can do a good job, keep us in games great thats all I want from my number 5 starter. I just dont want people thinking that he is going to throw shutouts just yet.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 08:51 PM)
How does his fastball look?

It's tough to read the gun, but I think he's sitting in the high-80s. Seems to have some decent downward movement, but I'd like to see what Cerb has to say.

Also, Cerb -- is it just me or is he throwing a cutter/sinker that's around 80-81 MPH?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 02:54 PM)
We also have to remember, Danks is a 5th starter, not a number one yet. So he will give up runs, he will make rookie mistakes but remember when El Duque was our starter and was absolutely miserable at the end of the year getting decked. If Danks can do a good job, keep us in games great thats all I want from my number 5 starter. I just dont want people thinking that he is going to throw shutouts just yet.

That's a given. He's going to give up runs, thats a no-brainer, but how he reacts and battles will be key. We don't need another Felix Diaz/Arnie Munoz/Dan Wright fiasco. He's still young, he's going to make mistakes, but I think he will keep improving and eventually be a top of the rotation starter for us.

QUOTE(beautox @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)
i agree i think Kouz is going to rake this year, but i think Garko is going to be a sox killer :(, well i should say in general a very deadly hitter. the tribes line up is scary.

I think Garko's a bit overrated at times, but agree that he is a hell of a good hitter. I'm not sure how much playing time he's going to get in that lineup though, it's just that f'ing deep.

They have been and still are my favorite to win the Central, depending upon how their defense is. If it's league average, and that pen holds up, I think they are a 100 win team and could run away with the division.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
I think Garko's a bit overrated at times, but agree that he is a hell of a good hitter. I'm not sure how much playing time he's going to get in that lineup though, it's just that f'ing deep.

They have been and still are my favorite to win the Central, depending upon how their defense is. If it's league average, and that pen holds up, I think they are a 100 win team and could run away with the division.

Their success depends solely on the health of that rotation. Sabathia, Westbrook, and Lee...if they're healthy, they're going to be good. If I'm not mistaken, Garko will be starting at 1st with Hafner at DH. But they're definitely going to rely on Garko and Barfield to produce. But with Hafner, Martinez, Blake, and Sizemore in the lineup...wow.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 03:01 PM)
Good pitch. Danks found his fastball again.

I don't want to make excuses for him, but I don't think sitting through the long top of the 2nd helped. Of course, with our offense he is going to have to get used to that.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 02:54 PM)

What I project of Danks depends on the other starters. If our other veterans are pitching closer to 2006 numbers, we would be in trouble unless Danks falls below a 5.00ERA. Additional factors include our offense, and whether it remains formidable, and if the bullpen drastically improves.

Edited by Flash Tizzle