Today is the Day! (3-18 Thread)

JDsDirtySox

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:44 PM)
Update??

Gets behind Bard, 1-0, 2-1, then Bard clobbers outside fastball for a double

Greene hits double down the 3rd base line on a 1-0

Strikes out Kouzmanoff with a nice slider

decent inning by Floyd... I would like him a whole lot better if he could get some better control.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:46 PM)
I really think Gio will be the salvation of the Freddy Deal before Gavin Floyd.

Gio is going to be a stud, IMO. I think Danks & Gio are going to make a great 1-2 lefty punch, like Santana and Lirano.

Okay -- Gavin rebounded nicely. The Bard double was right down the middle, but the Greene double wasn't terrible. It was hit hard, but it was a decent pitch -- probably should've gotten it in a little more.

He has good movement on his pitches -- nasty slider to Kouzmanhoff and also ran a fastball in on his hands that looked good -- but he doesn't attack the zone the way Danks does.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:46 PM)
I really think Gio will be the salvation of the Freddy Deal before Gavin Floyd.

I completely agree as most people probably do. We know what we are getting back with Gio, a lefty with some nasty stuff and a sneaky fastball. Just give him one more year and I have a feeling he's gonna make us not miss beuhrle as much as we think we will. I really don't think Gavin will ever be anything special in the majors.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 03:49 PM)
Gio is going to be a stud, IMO. I think Danks & Gio are going to make a great 1-2 lefty punch, like Santana and Lirano.

Boy you're really going out on a limb there...

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:52 PM)
Boy you're really going out on a limb there...

Im not saying they are going to be as good as Santana and Lirano, I'm just saying Danks and Gio will be a good punch and be able to compete with them.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:53 PM)
We'll never have two pitchers resembling either pitcher, let alone both.

Where did I say they'd resemble each other? Im just saying they will be a good 1-2 punch, IMO.

nice play by Floyd. 1 out

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
Im not saying they are going to be as good as Santana and Lirano, I'm just saying Danks and Gio will be a good punch and be able to compete with them.

Where did I say they'd resemble each other? Im just saying they will be a good 1-2 punch, IMO.

When you suggest those two will be a "studs", and in the next several words mention Santana/Liriano, I can only assume you mean Danks/Gonzalez will be on a similar level.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 05:00 PM)
When you suggest those two will be a "studs", and in the next several words mention Santana/Liriano, I can only assume you mean Danks/Gonzalez will be on a similar level.

I meant that they would rival each other as two of the best lefty combos in the al central.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 10:04 PM)
I meant that they would rival each other as two of the best lefty combos in the al central.

Sowers - Miller Sabathia and Miller - Ledezma are/will probably be better.

Is that a changeup from Floyd? Impressive. Nice change-of-pace and good movement down.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 09:44 PM)
I really have very little use for Floyd at this point. He has shown me NOTHING to think he is ready to contribute anything to the Chicago White Sox.

Welcome to my world. This 5th starter spot is a disaster.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 03:26 PM)
Lets look at Danks's MO. He is the youngest at each of the levels he has gone to, he gets touched up a bit at first, then makes an adjustment and then does very well at that level. It kind of makes his overall numbers look not that impressive, but if you do splits he does pretty damn good. I figure the same thing will happen when he comes up. He just needs to hold his own a bit, until he does unlock it and then he should be real good. The talent and the stones are there.

I guarantee management won't be patient with Danks if his adjustment period includes starts such as todays for an extended period (> month). He needs to pitch well right from the beginning. If a period of time is needed for refinement, it will be done in AAA before the majors. The problem is, Danks may still be our best option even with today's performance.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)

But see, again, that's not going to be true.

Lee/Sabathia and Miller/Robertson will be greater than Gonzalez/Danks for the foreseeable future.