3/19/07 - Kansas City vs. Chicago

Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
Yeah, but Ersty has nailed down the CF job with .680 OPS this spring. Clearly better than Anderson's .800 spring OPS. That cocky youngster better go down to Charlotte and learn some humilty, and maybe how to punt.

I wonder, if Erstad's #'s keep going down now that the pitchers are catching back up to the hitters...maybe BA might still have a shot.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 05:23 PM)
They don't have anything to do with how our team will perform once the season starts, as I've stated before both with pitchers and hitters. Just like Iguchi won't hit under .200 and Crede won't hit over .400. But you were trying to make it sound like we were sucking on offense, when that obviously isn't the case.

I want to see a better approach to beating tough pitchers, to getting onbase and to scoring runs. I am a bit concerned about our offense. I see Erstad and Pods at the top and shutter to think of how bad our OBP will be and how many solo dongs we will have.

For the last 2 years our O has litteraly died in the 2nd half. Our overall numbers for the year look good because of a strong start.

In 2006 we were 9th out of 14 teams in the AL in runs scored in the 2nd half. Crunch time.

We were 13th out of 14 teams in OBP.

In 05 we were 10th out of 14 teams in runs scored in the 2nd half and 9th out of 14 teams for OBP. Thank god our pitching was so good that year.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 05:37 PM)
Ouch. And he's batting second against righties ... agh.

Thome better hit a s***load of homers if he wants 100rbis this year.

Between him and captain OBP Pods the solo dong is back in style again.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 06:35 PM)
No, Erstad's 3 k's today are not included. He's now at 10 k's, hitting .275, with an OBP of .301.

Clearly #2 hitter material there. Like Gooch and his 350+ OBP should hit 2nd, yeah right!!

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 07:38 PM)
Clearly #2 hitter material there. Like Gooch and his 350+ OBP should hit 2nd, yeah right!!

I bet the gooch gets back to the 2-hole before the season starts. I'd be mad at KW if I were him cuz he's got more talent than that.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)

Gets even better. Erstad's OPS for the spring is now .635 (took me an extra second to calculate slugging %age).

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 05:39 PM)
It's funny how every hit and run I've seen this spring has been in situations where the ball has been low/around the dirt, and if the hitter had not of swing the runner would have had second base easily.

Why should that be funny, we have poor plate discipline as a team. Bounce it in and you make get someone to wave at it.

QUOTE(ScottyDo @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 05:40 PM)
I bet the gooch gets back to the 2-hole before the season starts. I'd be mad at KW if I were him cuz he's got more talent than that.

He has wanted to hit lower in the order. Iguchi that is

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the last 2 years our O has litteraly died in the 2nd half. Our overall numbers for the year look good because of a strong start.

So if they litteraly (sic) died in 2005, how would it be possible for them to die in 2006?

How did the Royals get that 4th run?

Erstad is a joke. He might actually bat .300, and still have a ~.675 OPS

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(ScottyDo @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 03:40 PM)

Hopefully it'll be KW signing him anyway and the spot he hits in will therefore have no effect on his contract.

Anyway, I still think that eventually, if Anderson can cut down on the strikeouts, he'll make an ideal #2 hitter, probably sooner than some of us think.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 03:42 PM)
Its like Oz and crew are trying to disprove all baseball logic by putting 3 lefties in a row, the first 2 which have absolutely s*** OBP numbers.

Our offense was good in the first half last year. Our top 3 guys were bad against lefties in the first half last year. When we put JD in the 3 hole, our offense worsened. Therefore, the worse the top 3 of our offense is against lefties, the better our offense will be.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 07:42 PM)
Hopefully it'll be KW signing him anyway and the spot he hits in will therefore have no effect on his contract.

Anyway, I still think that eventually, if Anderson can cut down on the strikeouts, he'll make an ideal #2 hitter, probably sooner than some of us think.

i like the way you think!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
No, Erstad's 3 k's today are not included. He's now at 10 k's, hitting .275, with an OBP of .301.

Uribe and Anderson have combined for 11Ks. Of course they have 4 HR and 8BB between them as well. Ersty has 0 and 2, respectively, though not respectably.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
Uribe and Anderson have combined for 11Ks. Of course they have 4 HR and 8BB between them as well. Ersty has 0 and 2, respectively, though not respectably.

Ok, so I think I'm getting the idea here...we put Erstad at shortstop instead of Uribe...given that 7 of those 11 other k's are by Uribe.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)

[slitting wrists]

Mmm...White Sox are doing poorly in the preseason. Spring Training even.

[/slitting wri...........