White Sox @ A's

Balta1701

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 05:18 PM)
Meh, obviously that would be idiotic, but I'm sure there are some out there. The only reason I would really "root for Pods to fail" would be if I felt if he didn't produce, he would be replaced rather quickly, but we both know that won't be the case, so why fight it? Podsednik is going to be in LF, so lets pray he can produce, because we are going to need him. I just don't think he will.

Oh yah. I'm not saying it's a great number of people. Probably only a couple here and there. But that isn't just about Pods necessarily. Just an attitude in general.

Ozuna grounds out on the first pitch from Halsey (top 9)

Cintron strikes out swinging. Down to our last man. And Konerko comes up for the 5th time.

And the first pitch bounces off the wall...for a single.

Sweeney takes a 4 pitch walk.

Molina bloops a single, Konerko scores from 2nd. Owens in to run for Molina. 5-3 A's.

Fields up, tying run on 1st.

Fields falls down 0-2 and works a full count...runners will be off.

Fields strikes out looking. Ballgame is over. 5-3 A's.

2 hours, 2 minute game.

White Sox had 11 hits and 4 walks...and scored 3 runs. A's got 8 hits and 4 walks and scored 5.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 05:00 PM)
Who would have ever thought after last year that we'd be starting 2007 with Pods in LF, Erstad in CF, and a clusterf*** in the 5th starter spot, while our bullpen isn't improved?

I did a double take on the bolded statement. Have to disagree there. I think this bullpen looks like it will be significantly better than last year. I am assuming that based on it being Jenks-Thornton-MMac-Logan-Masset-Haeger (if Aardvark is there, I'm a little less excited).

Edited by NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 10:26 PM)
Oh yah. I'm not saying it's a great number of people. Probably only a couple here and there. But that isn't just about Pods necessarily. Just an attitude in general.

Tough game on Sunday....you think Singletary is back?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)
I did a double take on the bolded statement. Have to disagree there. I think this bullpen looks like it will be significantly better than last year. I am assuming that based on it being Jenks-Thornton-MMac-Logan-Masset-Haeger (if Aardvark is there, I'm a little less excited).

The stuff in the bullpen might have improved, but you state Logan, Masset, and Haeger as a reason why it's improved. Those guys are far from proven, and it's just as likely that they're back in Charlotte after two weeks as it is that they're solid MLB relievers.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 05:41 PM)
Tough game on Sunday....you think Singletary is back?

The stuff in the bullpen might have improved, but you state Logan, Masset, and Haeger as a reason why it's improved. Those guys are far from proven, and it's just as likely that they're back in Charlotte after two weeks as it is that they're solid MLB relievers.

He says he's coming back. But these days it's hard to tell if that holds up.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perez could help us a hell of a lot more vs LHP than Terrero could, but I'm sure Ozzie wouldn't use him right anyways. Like some others have mentioned, Pods is such a waste of a roster spot.

Fathom, I'm curious for your opinion on this; who is the bigger waste of a roster space; Pods or Erstad?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 08:07 PM)
Can't guarantee I'll be able to sit @ the computer for the whole game, but I'll contribute what I can. Gameday Audio I'm on, appears only the Oakland feed is available today.

Ozuna goes 2-0 and doubles to teh wall in LF.

Cintron can't get a bunt down, but grounds out to 2nd. Runner to 3rd.

nice guy!!! :gosox1:

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 11:01 PM)
Fathom, I'm curious for your opinion on this; who is the bigger waste of a roster space; Pods or Erstad?

With how I think they'll handle playing a season with their injuries of recent years, I'd say Pods is more likely to contribute less. At least Erstad gives you solid fundamentals and aggressive defense if he's in LF. Everyone is so excited to hear that Pods is bunting more....but last I checked, he's been an atrocious bunter for the last year and a half. I'm probably more optimistic about Erstad than most are on here, and that's probably cause at least I know he'll hustle (and he broke all of my high school coach's records at Nebraska).

Haeger made one bad pitch to Merloni and that was the difference. He ALWAYS pitches behind in the count it seems.

Boone looked good today. Ozuna maybe our best option as a lead off guy.

1 more game tomorrow. Today was nice weather wise. 90 or so but it was partly cloudy so the sun wasn't beating down on us the whole time. Peter Gammons was on the concourse taking pictures and stuff. Looked healthy.