White Sox @ A's

Balta1701

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
Konerko strikes out swinging. 3rd strikeout of Konerko by Harden.

Final line on Charlie:

IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA

3.1 5 4 4 2 1 1 7.36

Man, I don't care if he's an injury risk I'd still take Harden over any of our starters. Legitimate ace right here.

AJ grounds out to first.

Fields singles to right.

Anderson batting for Mackowiak. That's something I've never seen before. And he takes a 4 pitch walk. I believe I hear Ozzie swearing.

Terrero flies out to a leaping CF, I believe first pitch swinging after a 4 pitch walk. Inning over.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 04:43 PM)
AJ grounds out to first.

Fields singles to right.

Anderson batting for Mackowiak. That's something I've never seen before. And he takes a 4 pitch walk. I believe I hear Ozzie swearing.

Terrero flies out to a leaping CF. Inning over.

Is Anderson the DH???????

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 04:43 PM)
AJ grounds out to first.

Fields singles to right.

Terrero flies out to a leaping CF, I believe first pitch swinging after a 4 pitch walk. Inning over.

Terrero is taking the Juan Uribe school of patience at the plate.

If someone swings at the first pitch after a 4 pitch walk, his ass should be on the bench right then and there.

Ground out to Fields. Scutaro to 2nd, 1 out. A. Perez up.

Masset goes 3-0 on another guy, then throws a strike. 3-1 pitch, Perez grounds out to Uribe.

Donnie Murphy in to hit for Goleski. AJ out to talk to Masset.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 04:50 PM)
Well, Terrero o-fers on the day, 3 AB's, 2 K's, then Anderson walks. After a hot start, Terrero is looking like himself.

I'll definitely be upset if Terrero and/or Perez make this team and not Anderson.

Perez and Anderson should make the team. Terrero and Prancer should be finding new careers.

Erstad can leadoff and be our LF for all I care. Platoon him with Ozuna.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 02:50 PM)
Well, Terrero o-fers on the day, 3 AB's, 2 K's, then Anderson walks. After a hot start, Terrero is looking like himself.

I'll definitely be upset if Terrero and/or Perez make this team and not Anderson.

If Erstad is considered the starter...one of them will have to.

Murphy singles to right single. Scutaro scores. Murphy races to 2nd and makes it.

5-1 A's.

Ozzie to the mound.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 04:52 PM)
Perez and Anderson should make the team. Terrero and Prancer should be finding new careers.

Erstad can leadoff and be our LF for all I care. Platoon him with Ozuna.

I wouldn't mind Ozuna/Erstad in LF, but, Pods is a lock for the roster. So I'm focused on that 25th spot. The only real considerations for it at this point, I think, are Terrero, Anderson and Perez. Of those three, I'll take Anderson in a heartbeat.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 04:53 PM)
I wouldn't mind Ozuna/Erstad in LF, but, Pods is a lock for the roster. So I'm focused on that 25th spot. The only real considerations for it at this point, I think, are Terrero, Anderson and Perez. Of those three, I'll take Anderson in a heartbeat.

if the spot is for the 25th man, keep Terrero in Chicago, and let Anderson play everyday in Charlotte. one sure way to stunt his growth is to put him in the Ross Gload move of playing once a week.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 02:53 PM)

As would I. But as we've heard, Erstad needs 500 at bats, and Anderson only makes the team if he's a starter. Therefore, either our only backup OF will be Mackowiak, or it's Terrero and Perez if Anderson isn't the starter.

Boone Logan comes in and promptly throws a wild pitch.

Adam Melheuse (sp?) then grounds out to Fields. Inning over.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
if the spot is for the 25th man, keep Terrero in Chicago, and let Anderson play everyday in Charlotte. one sure way to stunt his growth is to put him in the Ross Gload move of playing once a week.

Sorry, I was also assuming, as Oz and I think KW have said, that Anderson only makes the roster as a starter. Therefore, I'm hoping he makes the roster as that starting CF, with Erstad being the backup CF, 1B and other assorted OF.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
A Mack/Ozuna combo in LF would have been perfect.

I would have no problem seeing Mack in the two hole, with Gooch leading off vs. RH.

Darrin would be great to have off the bench, used in the certain situations.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but once again, Pods has no spot on this club. Expect he will, and probably get over 500 AB's if healthy.

I'd have been happy with any combination of Mack, Erstad, Ozuna and Gload (pre-trade) as the starting LF, over Pods. Heck, three of those four (except Erstad) would be good leadoff guys anyway, and Mack/Gload could be 2-slots as well.