Sox v. Rangers, 3:00 Start, 3/25/07

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 01:31 PM)
:gosox3:

I'm interested to see more of Russell and Buehrle today.

The hell with slow-hand Buehrle. I'm upset Russell isn't starting.

Although it should be interesting to see how Mark fares against the Rangers.

Pods, LF

Erstad, CF

Thome, DH

Crede, 3B

Iguchi, 2B

Perez, 1B

Hall, C

Uribe, SS

Anderson, RF

Buehrle pitching. Adam Russell in relief.

Konerko and Pierz played in B games this morning.

Per Reifert:

Happy Birthday

As part of an initiation into the big leagues, several Sox players reportedly (I didn't see it) made Danks go into the stands during a game last week (in full uniform) and serrenade a young female fan with a top-of-the-lungs rendition of Happy Birthday.

Danks then returned to the dugout, scoring tons of points with his teammates.

Here's to hoping Russel gets shelled, because this entire charade of anyone being able to grab a spot on the 25-man is a f***ing joke. Adam has talent, yes, but he needs some more time at, oh I don't know, AA. Also, Anderson playing RF. Sweet Jesus I hate Ozzie.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 01:44 PM)
Here's to hoping Russel gets shelled, because this entire charade of anyone being able to grab a spot on the 25-man is a f***ing joke. Adam has talent, yes, but he needs some more time at, oh I don't know, AA. Also, Anderson playing RF. Sweet Jesus I hate Ozzie.

lollerz, where's the charade? There should be a sentiment among players that regardless of experience, if you perform, you'll be given an opportunity. I never once said he should be handed the position. At the least, a start against Texas would present coaches with an additional option.

The worst that could happen is he follows Logan's path, is shelled upon promotion, then returns to the minors and rights himself. Doesn't bother me one bit. If he were the best option in the 5th starters spot (which we'll never know), the opportunity should have been awarded as such.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I normally love Hawk and all but he's going to be insanely annoying this year, I can't even listen to him during Spring Training anymore.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
There's our top of the order. Two soft outs; Thome up with no one on base.

Get used to it, you're going to be seeing that A LOT this year.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
Am I crazy, or is Buehrle's start position and windup a little different than we're used to seeing. He seems more hunched over, bent at the waist.

Am I crazy, or is Buehrle's start position and windup a little different than we're used to seeing. He seems more hunched over, bent at the waist.

You got it. To me he is trying to emulate Zito from last year. However he is not finishing his stride and is leaving the ball up.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
I thought it was the socks throwing me off, but you may be right. I will check out some past videos and see.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 02:23 PM)

No, that's exactly what I noticed as well. In the stretch, especially, he's bent over more.