Sox v. Rangers, 3:00 Start, 3/25/07

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 02:50 PM)
So according to the hawk, Stewarts swing is different.

Texas' hitting coach (forget his name) is the equivalent of Don Cooper to Sox fans. People believe anything his touches turns to gold.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
So according to the hawk, Stewarts swing is different.

I actually noticed that he no longer looks like a pitcher swinging the bat. People always say that the Rangers have the best hitting coach in the majors.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 02:20 PM)
Buehrle is finished.

You guys crack me up. I know he has sucked for it seems forever but let's give him a chance this year, he has been one of the more consistent pitchers for the last 5-6 years in MLB.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
I actually noticed that he no longer looks like a pitcher swinging the bat. People always say that the Rangers have the best hitting coach in the majors.

Lots of line drive swings on their kids.

I wonder if we can toss a ton of money at him and lure him away.

QUOTE(JohnCangelosi @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)
You guys crack me up. I know he has sucked for it seems forever but let's give him a chance this year, he has been one of the more consistent pitchers for the last 5-6 years in MLB.

He's been throwing batting practice since May of 06... just watch him pitch and you can tell he's got nothing.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 02:58 PM)
Good grief, our 1/2 combo is depressing.

Let's not short change Loe, here. He's going to be REALLLLLY good this season.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 08:59 PM)
If you think this is funny, wait till the game is on the line and a LOOGY comes in and destroys our 1-2-3 hitters.

I'm going to be so annoyed when on the rare occasion that Pods does get on base, we're automatically going to be bunting and giving up that first out of the inning. Has Buehrle's velocity been above 85 over the last few innings?

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
I'm surprised they haven't talked about the Bmac/Danks deal at all?

You would think they would try to sell the public on it, especially with McCarthy's stats this spring. The only problem with that is they would have to ignore most of the White Sox pitching staff's stats.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, who wants to keep track of every called 3rd strike, pick-off/caught stealing, and ground out to 1B by Pods this year?

I plan on keeping track of Erstad's and Podsednik's at-bats and results just so at the end of the year when people say "how many times did Erstad move the runner over when we needed him to?" I can give an actual figure.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:02 PM)
You would think they would try to sell the public on it, especially with McCarthy's stats this spring. The only problem with that is they would have to ignore most of the White Sox pitching staff's stats.

Considering how Hawk is quick to talk up any and all trades, it lends me to believe he disagrees with the deal.