Sox v. Rangers, 3:00 Start, 3/25/07

I actually believe Iguchi will be a lot better not hitting in the 2nd spot. It's too bad we had to replace him with a mediocre caliber hitter though. Iguchi has never been a good hitter when having to protect the runner, as it led to a lot of 2 strike counts or feeble swings.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:30 PM)
When will Loe be accepting his Cy-Young award?

Christ, I'm already tired of the praise on this guy by Hawk/DJ. I'm sure by June I'll look at his statistics and notice a delicious 5.50 ERA and hits surrendered than IP.

Its like when we face Jake Westbrook and he dominates us like Johan, and then the next time I am watching the tigers rip him to shreds.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 02:29 PM)
According to Hawk Loe has the best sinker in the entire world, in fact I think he is using some sort of gravity device to pull on the ball more. Then again, it could be hawk talking up another pitcher he thinks will shut down our lineup.

Just wait until those DEVASTATING sliders begin hanging in Arlington. It won't be pretty.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:29 PM)
According to Hawk Loe has the best sinker in the entire world, in fact I think he is using some sort of gravity device to pull on the ball more. Then again, it could be hawk talking up another pitcher he thinks will shut down our lineup.

He also called him Kameron Long, so maybe he was talking about another pitcher. Perhaps a pseudonym for Roy Halladay?

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:33 PM)
I wonder if Hawk is going to be saying all year that we're the most talented team in the majors, and it's just a matter of time before we gel?

Well as of late September he was still using that line so I don't see why he would stop now.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
Well as of late September he was still using that line so I don't see why he would stop now.

We're the 3rd most talented team in our division now. Last year, you could realistically argue we were the most talented in the AL. This year, we might be the 6th or 7th most talented.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
We're the 3rd most talented team in our division now. Last year, you could realistically argue we were the most talented in the AL. This year, we might be the 6th or 7th most talented.

But we lead the AL in The Grinder Index.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
Okay I see what you guys are talking about with Buehrle now; he's hunched over before he starts his windup. Yup, that's new. I wonder why he's doing that.

Its all about how you look I guess. Zito pitched that way and got $$$$$.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:40 PM)
Excuse me, are you forgetting The Piranhas?

Erstad and Podsednik are white and have perpetual stubble. That's the highest score you can get outside of being David Eckstein.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 08:45 PM)
Jake Westbrook probably has a smile on his face when he faces our team.

Just tell the 3rd baseman to be ready and let the rest happen.

Westbrook had a 1.69 ERA vs the Sox last year, and an ERA over 8 vs the Tigers.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
Erstad and Podsednik are white and have perpetual stubble. That's the highest score you can get outside of being David Eckstein.

Does losing your hat chasing a flyball add to the grinder index?