WIN TOTAL

Chisox_10

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

96 Wins for our White Sox with a division title. All these clowns smoking the Tigers pole will realize that they were a one year wonder- after starting 76-36 they were one of the worst teams down the stretch and went something like 19-31 in their last 50. Look for that to continue, Rogers and Verlander won't hold up. Neither will Minnesota's lucky ass with their makeshift B.S.

Edited by JohnCangelosi

I agree with John about the Tigers and how they stumbled in the last months AND... I personally believe our guys were fatigued from being in the WS so why wouldn't that be the case with them? Unless you're a team who's always making the playoffs, which neither we nor the Tigers were.

I'm more worried about Cleveland and as always Minnesota. People forget they were written off for dead last year and then came roaring back to take the division.

The other thing that sometimes worries me is how K.C. sort of owned us last year. Even at their worst they're like a thorn in our side. Not that I think they're going anywhere.

In all seriousness I have no idea how we will turn out this year. In '05 I had a hunch we'd be good but didn't expect THAT.

In '06 we were told we were better than '05 but we came in third.

This year, who knows? The possible silver lining here is I'd rather suck in ST than second half of the season. Let everyone flail now and get it out of their system, none of this counts anyway.

How's that for optimism?

One of KW's mantras over and over in '05 was: just win the division. Worry about everything else as it comes. So let's just keep our goals modest and see how it pans out.

That's why I chafe when Hawk starts talking about another ring, etc. Forget that. Let's just win the division, one game at a time.

Well if Spring Training is any indication of how we'll perform in the regular season, that would mean we lose twice as many games as we win so : 54 wins and 108 loses! To be perfectly honest we had a really bad spring, especially the starters and that was our problem last year so Spring Training could be a good indicator after all!!

This year is really tough to call. So many things have to happen, yet realistic things, for this team to win the division.

1: Starting pitching (especially Buehrle) has to perform.

2: Bullpen has to step up. Our backend is as nasty as they come, assuming they're all healthy. But we've got a bunch of unknowns (although talented) after that.

3: Scott Podsednik. Last year, mainly the second-half, was inexcusable. 2005 form will be a big improvement.

4: Like it or not, Erstad will play a big part in the success, or failure, of this team. If he can stay healthy; get on base at a decent clip and hit atleast .275-.280, our offense could be even better than last year.

5: We have to take care of business against the bad teams. In 2005, we dominated bad teams. Last year, not so much.

If all these things happen, or atleast 4 of the 5, will be playing baseball in October. If the pitching is inconsistent like last year; Pods and Erstad prove incapable as table-setters and we stuggle against bad teams, we're in deep s***.

QUOTE(GoGoWhiteSox! @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 08:13 PM)
Well if Spring Training is any indication of how we'll perform in the regular season, that would mean we lose twice as many games as we win so : 54 wins and 108 loses! To be perfectly honest we had a really bad spring, especially the starters and that was our problem last year so Spring Training could be a good indicator after all!!

Thank goodness Spring Training isn't a good indication. Correct me if I am wrong but weren't we just as bad in ST '05 and well... we all know how that turned out. I'm going to say 91 wins by the way.