I dont see it

jaliciense1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the White Sox pitching can give me 4 things, we will win this division.

1. A solid bullpen.

2. A Solid #1 (presumably Jose.) for the whole season. 18-20 games won, ERA under 3.50.

3. A solid # 2 (Mark or Jon) for the whole season. 15 games+ won, ERA well under 4.00.

4. 3 guys who are average. ERA's between 3.75 and 4.5. W-L records close to .500.

If the pitching staff can show up, this team can still win it all. I've been very encouraged by solid outings from MG and JG over the last 2 days. Jopefully Javy keeps it up tomorrow.

4. 3 guys who are average. ERA's between 3.75 and 4.5. W-L records close to .500.

Do you see Danks with this ERA? Seriously asking, what would your guess for Danks' ERA be? I'd LOVE to see him w/that ERA but not so sure.

I am happy that Floyd's in AAA. Hopefully having less of a spotlight on him will help him relax and succeed. If Danks were to collapse (hopefully not!! I'm talking worst case scenario here) then maybe Gavin will be more comfortable and ready to go w/the big leagues.

QUOTE(soxfansince04 @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 12:32 AM)
Do you see Danks with this ERA? Seriously asking, what would your guess for Danks' ERA be? I'd LOVE to see him w/that ERA but not so sure.

If Garland and Vazquez can put up ERAs of 4.25, and Danks puts up a 5.00 ERA, that's basically a combined 4.50 ERA. I may be speaking for Balta right now, but that would be outstanding and would almost undoubtedly guarantee a division winning team.

If Garland and Vazquez can put up ERAs of 4.25, and Danks puts up a 5.00 ERA, that's basically a combined 4.50 ERA. I may be speaking for Balta right now, but that would be outstanding and would almost undoubtedly guarantee a division winning team.

OK, gotcha. That would be fantastic if it plays out that way.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 04:03 AM)
If the White Sox pitching can give me 4 things, we will win this division.

1. A solid bullpen.

2. A Solid #1 (presumably Jose.) for the whole season. 18-20 games won, ERA under 3.50.

3. A solid # 2 (Mark or Jon) for the whole season. 15 games+ won, ERA well under 4.00.

If the pitching staff can show up, this team can still win it all. I've been very encouraged by solid outings from MG and JG over the last 2 days. Jopefully Javy keeps it up tomorrow.

Well said. If the sox can get that kind of pitching, that should be enough to make the playoffs at least. Getting better pitching than what you posted would be even more likely they'd be equipped to go deep into the playoffs. I'm of the mind the sox should get 2 guys who fit your definition of a solid #2, and two who are avg.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 12:04 AM)
That is not a dumb argument. Teams get to the playoffs on their overall record. A win is a win. A loss is a loss.

The Cardinals? That is your example? They played in the worst division in baseball and almost didn't make the playoffs. No, there is no way to stay focused for the entire 162 games (that is why they give players days off), but saying games in April "don't count" is just stupid.

Obviously he didn't mean that games in April don't count, he is just pointing out that games in September are more important. Now I know your going to just reply with a win is still a win no matter what month its in or some crap like that but, if you have a bad start in April you still have 5 months to make up for it. If you have a bad month in September your done. So being first in division/wildcard for the first 5 months of the season really isn't all that important if you lose it in the 6th and final month.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 08:38 AM)
Obviously he didn't mean that games in April don't count, he is just pointing out that games in September are more important. Now I know your going to just reply with a win is still a win no matter what month its in or some crap like that but, if you have a bad start in April you still have 5 months to make up for it. If you have a bad month in September your done. So being first in division/wildcard for the first 5 months of the season really isn't all that important if you lose it in the 6th and final month.

Not if you build a commanding lead early on, like the 2005 White Sox.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 09:12 AM)
even so the whitesox were so close in giving up that lead, and in this division with the quality of teams... nobody should have a lead like that.

It just goes to show that a win is a win, no matter when it comes. The only thing that matters is the final record, not when those wins are accumulated. A win in April is just a valuable as a win in late September, you just don't know it yet.

The 2005 White Sox even break the mold on the whole "getting hot at the end of the regular season" thing.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
It just goes to show that a win is a win, no matter when it comes. The only thing that matters is the final record, not when those wins are accumulated. A win in April is just a valuable as a win in late September, you just don't know it yet.

The 2005 White Sox even break the mold on the whole "getting hot at the end of the regular season" thing.

Because of 1 example is what your going off? Yes a win is a win but a loss in april can be made up, not the same story in september. Obviously if you dig yourself in a hole too much that last month isnt going to matter but yeah...

I'm not sure that this team will place 4th. I mean, seeing the roster, we've got a lot of gambles on the bullpen, and our pitching staff isn't that much improved. With the hitters and the defense that we have, I think we'll be fine. But the pitching is my main concern because that separates the 1st place team from a 4th place team. ESPN the Magazine is full of s***. Although, I'd like to see A-Row come back to this team via trade, a la Jon Lieber as well? :D