White Sox vs. Indians, 4/4/07 (L)

If Podsednik can't even steal bases off Victor Martinez, it's not an exaggeration to suggest he might be done as a useful player. At the very least, he should be on the bench versus all lefties. Pablo Ozuna can start tomorrow against Jeremy Sowers.

Per Rotoworld. Amen.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 05:06 PM)
Uribe was 2/4 Monday, 0/3 today. You're already whining about an upgrade? Pods was bad today. Can you atleast give him a week before you start crying that we should've signed Pierre or Gary Matthews Jr.?

I'm pretty sure fathom would not want a part of either of the two you mentioned.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 05:06 PM)
Uribe was 2/4 Monday, 0/3 today. You're already whining about an upgrade? Pods was bad today. Can you atleast give him a week before you start crying that we should've signed Pierre or Gary Matthews Jr.?

So in just 5 more days Podsednik is going to regain his speed? Super. The guy is slow and appears to be done.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 05:09 PM)
How so? Grady hadn't hit Garland all day, and Nixon only got one hit. You have to let him finish that inning. It was his game, not Sisco's.

Maybe finish that inning, I was under the impression you ment another inning or two. Any which way they all looked bad.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 05:07 PM)
So what other upgrades were out there. As Kenny Williams would say: Names, people?

Erstad, Anderson and Mackowiak are all better players than Podsednik. Ozuna, Mackowiak, Iguchi and Erstad are all better leadoff hitters.

I think Podsednik swung the bat a total of 3 times today.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 05:09 PM)
How so? Grady hadn't hit Garland all day, and Nixon only got one hit. You have to let him finish that inning. It was his game, not Sisco's.

do you understand the terms "control" or "pitch count"?

Man oh man, I'm glad I was on the way to the airport here while this gamethread and trainwreck of a game was going on.

I see our bullpen is trashed 2 games into the season, horoah. Gamethread post updated, someone with some good vibes post a friggin gamethread tomorrow please.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 05:11 PM)
I see. So last year everybody b****ed that Ozzie left his starters in too long when it was clear they didn't have it. Today, he lifts a guy who gave up 5 runs, 7 hits and 4 walks in 5 innings and it was the wrong move? Man, that Ozzie Guillen is just a bad, bad manager.

no, I'd actually argue that pitching wise, Ozzie made all the right moves today.

Offensively it was questionable, but that happens.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 05:10 PM)
Erstad, Anderson and Mackowiak are all better players than Podsednik. Ozuna, Mackowiak, Iguchi and Erstad are all better leadoff hitters.

I think Podsednik swung the bat a total of 3 times today.

OK. I won't even argue that. When fathom said upgrade I'm assuming he meant we should've signed or traded for somebody. Who?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 05:10 PM)
do you understand the terms "control" or "pitch count"?

Pitch count. Only 105 pitches. He should have been able to go to at least 120. And his control wasn't that bad after the 2nd inning. After all, 3 of his 5 walks did come to Hafner.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 05:13 PM)
Pitch count. Only 105 pitches. He should have been able to go to at least 120. And his control wasn't that bad after the 2nd inning. After all, 3 of his 5 walks did come to Hafner.

Throwing a guy 120 in his first start of the year probably isn't very intelligent.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 05:12 PM)
no, I'd actually argue that pitching wise, Ozzie made all the right moves today.

Offensively it was questionable, but that happens.

I still don't understand why he didn't make defensive substitutions late in the game. He had Erstad and Podsednik in the OF in the 7th and 8th inning. Just craziness.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 05:13 PM)

105 pitches in the second game of the year? And 4 walks in 5.1?

Dude, no, Garland being pulled when he was pulled was the right move, there are really no questions to be asked.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 05:14 PM)
I still don't understand why he didn't make defensive substitutions late in the game. He had Erstad and Podsednik in the OF in the 7th and 8th inning. Just craziness.

GRINDERS!

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 05:11 PM)
I see. So last year everybody b****ed that Ozzie left his starters in too long when it was clear they didn't have it. Today, he lifts a guy who gave up 5 runs, 7 hits and 4 walks in 5 innings and it was the wrong move? Man, that Ozzie Guillen is just a bad, bad manager.

I also had no problem with him pulling Garland, it seemed like the right move at the time. I question him handing Pods a job, allowing him to face Fultz (ridiculous) and the non-moves defensively late in the game. Outside of that, I don't have many problems with him today.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 06:03 PM)
It would also help if Buehrle and tomorrow's other pitchers give up less than 12 or 8 runs

DING DING DING...we have a winner. The Sox pitching doesn't look top shelf at this point. Buehrle looking good tomorrow will DO WONDERS for this team's psyche', not to mention the confidence of our fanbase.

We have scored enough runs the last two games to win, but the pitching has now given up 20 runs in two games....THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE, not the complaining about Thome not coming up clutch in the 9th when he helped push us up to seven runs.

Pitching = Championships....right now, it appears we don't have that, but there is time to get it turned around. I still like some of the talent.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 05:20 PM)
Question: I didn't see Aardsma's first inning of work. Was he around 89-91 with his fastball that inning? I didn't see 1 fastball clocked over 91 in his second inning.

He was at 93-94.