White Sox vs. Indians, 4/5/07 (W)

maggsmaggs

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
Game ball goes to Massett. Talk about balls, talk about a kid manning up and picking his team up and throwing a bunch of innings and keeping a good offense down.

Nice job.

Masset must have some big balls. Good job Nick!

this is reminiscent of one of my favorite 2005 games, which was also weekday at 1:05 and where our offense was worse than this.

We were playing KC and it was 0-0 in the 9th (Greinke had shut us down) and the reliever managed to walk in two runs: Sox win.

That's when I thought: we have something going on if we're winning games like these.

Let's hope this is the END OF THE FUNK, since 2nd half last season! I'll TAKE IT!

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 03:21 PM)
And thanks maggsmaggs for finally bringing us the first back to back gamethread starter!

Thorton should be taken behind the shed for his piss poor performance the last two games. Good win though, let's kick the Twins' di*ks in this weekend gentlemen!

First 7:11 pm start tomorrow night ;-)

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 03:03 PM)
Sowers definitely isn't bad. We certainly aren't making him pay, but Sowers is a good pitcher.

I am calling it now... Sowers will not do anything in the majors unless he has a secret out pitch no one knows about. His best hope is to be a 2nd lefty out of the pen. He relies on his funky release to throw hitters off balance, but that isn't gonna last. And having "heart" doesn't really help pitchers, having stuff does, and he has no stuff. I bet the majority of posters on soxtalk could probably make solid contact off of him.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 03:03 PM)
WTF are you smoking Ed? MMAC's fastball tops off at 90 mph? Do your f***ing research idiot.

Umm... what are you talking about? Kinda bringing this up out of no-where, but MacDaddy has always pitched between 94-96, and today I think he was around there as well. I am fairly certain that the radar gun for the tv was off by 3-4 mph consistantly.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)
Umm... what are you talking about? Kinda bringing this up out of no-where, but MacDaddy has always pitched between 94-96, and today I think he was around there as well. I am fairly certain that the radar gun for the tv was off by 3-4 mph consistantly.

I was watching some of the Giants/Padres game last night, and they were saying that a bunch of scouts around the league have been complaining about the radar guns this season and how none of them seem to be agreeing. I wonder if there's a new model of gun or something that's being introduced.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)
I was watching some of the Giants/Padres game last night, and they were saying that a bunch of scouts around the league have been complaining about the radar guns this season and how none of them seem to be agreeing. I wonder if there's a new model of gun or something that's being introduced.

Maybe the radar guns become out-of-synch after being put on the shelfs for about 3-4 months... :D

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
Maybe the radar guns become out-of-synch after being put on the shelfs for about 3-4 months... :D

True, but then you'd think we'd hear similar remarks every year, and right now it sounds particularly bad.