Pitching Matchups for Cle Series

joeynach

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 09:15 AM)
Fri, Apr 13, 7:05 pm EDT - (J. Vázquez vs. F. Carmona)

Sat, Apr 14, 7:05 pm EDT - (J. Danks vs. P. Byrd)

Sun, Apr 15, 1:05 pm EDT - (J. Contreras vs. C. Sabathia)

We definitely don't want to go into the Sunday game needing a win to avoid a sweep. Not too worried, the match-ups look even or favorable, and you never know, Contreras might get on a roll again now.

The weather forecast looks bleak for this weekend, I can't believe they're not keeping the Indians in MIL, unless they're so concerned it would give the White Sox too much of a home field advantage.

QUOTE(joeynach @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 11:03 AM)
Do we have an advantage every time Danks pitches against a team for the first time since they have never seen him before. At least the first time through the order.

Only if he gets to face the White Sox. Then he would be lights out.

Danks vs Byrd could be interesting.

Just wondering if this series is played, Im assuming our bad weather might hit Cleveland, anyone know the weather updates in Cleveland? I wouldnt mind playing in miller park though. :)

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 05:44 PM)
Why do we always seem to end up facing CC every d*mn series. I guess we're bound to beat him sooner or later.

I was content with the offense's opening day approach to Sabathia.

However, if the offense reverts to past seasons and Sabathia limits the offense to no runs and a hand full of hits, Cleveland should do everything within their power to match him up with our team every series. Hell, even if they knock him around I'd be more willing to believe it was a fluke occurrence then our hitters adjusting their gameplan accordingly.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 09:15 AM)
Fri, Apr 13, 7:05 pm EDT - (J. Vázquez vs. F. Carmona)

Sat, Apr 14, 7:05 pm EDT - (J. Danks vs. P. Byrd)

Sun, Apr 15, 1:05 pm EDT - (J. Contreras vs. C. Sabathia)

As long as our guys play hard and have fun, I'll be happy.

GO TEAM!

QUOTE(shoota @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 11:10 PM)
As long as our guys play hard and have fun, I'll be happy.

GO TEAM!

Whoa there guvna'. This isn't little league. If our guys play soft and look miserable but sweep the tribe, I'll be happy. If they play hard and smile, only to get swept, I will need to destroy life to satiate my anger.

QUOTE(Damen @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 08:45 AM)
Whoa there guvna'. This isn't little league. If our guys play soft and look miserable but sweep the tribe, I'll be happy. If they play hard and smile, only to get swept, I will need to destroy life to satiate my anger.

Are you from The Omen?

Destroy life? We all took the Cleveland and Tuesday night's loss as hard as the next person, but let's keep everything in its proper perspective.