Eureka! He has seen the LIGHT!

JDsDirtySox

From new article on whitesox.com

With these struggles in mind, Guillen was contemplating a few lineup changes for Tuesday's series opener at home against Texas, after Sunday's loss left the White Sox with a 2-4 record on this six-game road trip.

"I might put Iguchi second and Erstad batting in the sixth or seventh spot, just to get a different feel," Guillen said. "I might go lefty-righty, lefty-righty, lefty-righty all the way to the end. I'm looking for something different and hope it works."

"We just need to find some way to get our confidence going," added White Sox right fielder Jermaine Dye, who drove in the only run off Sabathia with a bloop single down the right-field line in the sixth. "It might be putting up 10 to 15 hits per game or scoring nine or 10 runs, where everyone gets a couple of hits. We need something like that to get us going, and hopefully that will be soon."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 09:15 PM)

With these struggles in mind, Guillen was contemplating a few lineup changes for Tuesday's series opener at home against Texas, after Sunday's loss left the White Sox with a 2-4 record on this six-game road trip.

:huh: I could have sworn the Sox were 3-3 on this road trip.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 10:15 PM)

"I might put Iguchi second and Erstad batting in the sixth or seventh spot, just to get a different feel," Guillen said. "I might go lefty-righty, lefty-righty, lefty-righty all the way to the end. I'm looking for something different and hope it works."

"We just need to find some way to get our confidence going," added White Sox right fielder Jermaine Dye, who drove in the only run off Sabathia with a bloop single down the right-field line in the sixth. "It might be putting up 10 to 15 hits per game or scoring nine or 10 runs, where everyone gets a couple of hits. We need something like that to get us going, and hopefully that will be soon."

It will help, but may not matter much until Thome, Konerko, Crede, and Dye hit like they're capable of.

Bob

QUOTE(GreenSox @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 12:06 AM)
Isn't that the truth.

Kenny should just use cut his losses and release him. He'll save money on per diems.

Yeah, and we should probably just shoot him in the leg and leave him for dead.

In fact, anyone in the league hitting under .200 right now, should be cut.

Erstad has a good glove and some speed. He is the kind of player that Ozzie likes if for no other reason then he talks a good game. I am still open on him being played in front of Anderson. Brian didn't excatly burn up the basepaths early last year either.

What I didn't like is Iguchi being moved down in the order, He is a real effective #2 hitter and why mess with success? Erstad should hit lower in my opinion.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 09:46 AM)
Erstad has a good glove and some speed. He is the kind of player that Ozzie likes if for no other reason then he talks a good game. I am still open on him being played in front of Anderson. Brian didn't excatly burn up the basepaths early last year either.

What I didn't like is Iguchi being moved down in the order, He is a real effective #2 hitter and why mess with success? Erstad should hit lower in my opinion.

What I don't f***ing understand is why BA isn't playing when he's the younger, better fielder, and had a great spring training... while Erstad continues to suck fat balls and goes out there EVERY DAMN DAY!

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 09:47 AM)
What I don't f***ing understand is why BA isn't playing when he's the younger, better fielder, and had a great spring training... while Erstad continues to suck fat balls and goes out there EVERY DAMN DAY!

You can't win with young players. Duh.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 09:47 AM)

What's to understand? This is nothing new. Since BA did not light the world on fire in the first three months of 2006, there is nothing he can do to adjust Ozzie's view of him. Outperform Podsednik on the field and at the plate the rest of the year? Split time with Mackowiak. Outperform Erstad in Spring Training? Sit on the bench.

Ozzie's mind is made, and he's a bit of a stubborn prick. According to Ozzie's lizard brain, BA doesn't play the game the right way. Erstad does. Actual performance means nothing.

On edit...I probably should have said, "since BA was beyond terrible at the plate his first three months..."

Didn't light the world on fire is a bit of an understatement.

Edited by Damen

QUOTE(Damen @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 10:56 AM)
According to Ozzie's lizard brain, BA doesn't play the game the right way. Erstad does. Actual performance means nothing.

:huh

They both cant hit, and they both can field. The only other way of Ozzie figuring out who is best is intangibles like work ethic, focus, leadership, and the ability to do little things for a team to win.

It has come to light that BA may be unfocused when it comes to preparation. Also he cant really bunt, try to move a runner over, hit to the other field, or walk. Ozzie feels more comfortable in the experience of a Vet trying to do those things over a kid. Not to mention it has been said that Erstad has already become a vocal leader on the field and in the clubhouse. BA should be in AAA where he belongs.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 11:01 AM)
:huh

They both cant hit, and they both can field. The only other way of Ozzie figuring out who is best is intangibles like work ethic, focus, leadership, and the ability to do little things for a team to win.

It has come to light that BA may be unfocused when it comes to preparation. Also he cant really bunt, try to move a runner over, hit to the other field, or walk. Ozzie feels more comfortable in the experience of a Vet trying to do those things over a kid. Not to mention it has been said that Erstad has already become a vocal leader on the field and in the clubhouse. BA should be in AAA where he belongs.

I don't know that Erstad has shown the ability to do any of those things all that well either at this point, save bunting. I think we can expect both to be hitting around .250-.265 by the end of the year. Anderson has some power. Erstad has none. Both play good D, however, Anderson's is still superior.

But yeah, you're right. Under this manager, BA belongs in AAA. Under a competent manager, he's the starting CFer out of Spring Training.