Podsednik to DL, Boone Logan Recalled

Pods70Rowand33

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 02:37 AM)
Which is why I have pretty much stopped caring about the whole Anderson/Ozzie saga. This team has MUCH bigger problems right now.

Kind of symbollic of the issues we have though. The Erstad debacle hurts this team, as well as Ozzie needing to have his "speedster" at the top of the order. There was no excuse for us to bring Pods back this year. He's an oft-injured player who can't play well when coming back from injury.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said... if someone they called up out preformed Pods/Erstad, that would mean they would be pressured so much that they would have to ditch one of the great grinder, and they dont want to do that. That's why Logan was called up, and if he sucks, Ozzie and KW finally have a reason to dump him.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 02:52 AM)
I suggested Sweeney or Owens, but any offensive option would be fine.

Owens is no better than Ozuna or Mackowiak or Anderson. A guy who projects to be a 4th OFer shouldn't be considered as an "offensive option".

QUOTE(IowaSoxFan @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 08:54 AM)
Maybe Boone IS being showcased for a trade, if that is the case I hope that we can work out a deal with the Dodgers. I would love to be able to bring in Matt Kemp as our left fielder.

Maybe Logan, Pods and Owens for Kemp?

Unfortunately, I don't even think Paul DePodesta would be dumb enough to make that deal.

There is 1 guy on our roster, IMO, who fills a direct need for the Dodgers, and if you want Kemp, he's the one going. Jermaine Dye.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 10:58 AM)
Unfortunately, I don't even think Paul DePodesta would be dumb enough to make that deal.

There is 1 guy on our roster, IMO, who fills a direct need for the Dodgers, and if you want Kemp, he's the one going. Jermaine Dye.

Which might happen with the direction this team appears to be headed.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 11:45 AM)
Which might happen with the direction this team appears to be headed.

If this season goes down the drain...by the middle of the year, KW better be on the phone with the 2 LA teams and offering up JD, because both of them could use a RH power bat and have the talent to give up.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 09:53 PM)
Owens is no better than Ozuna or Mackowiak or Anderson. A guy who projects to be a 4th OFer shouldn't be considered as an "offensive option".

I wouldn't mind having Owens lead off right now.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 01:52 PM)
There's a story about Matt Kemp. Fathom's mentioned it, and someone knows.

?????

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 06:52 PM)
There's a story about Matt Kemp. Fathom's mentioned it, and someone knows.

There was a fight in the minors last year. I don't know if this is public knowledge but Kemp was heavily involved in it and did some stupid stuff.

Barons' Team History

The Barons game with the Jacksonville Suns was stopped after seven innings due to three bench-clearing incidents. Barons manager Chris Cron, after consulting with Chicago White Sox director of player personnel David Wilder, pulled his team off the field in the top of the eighth inning after the third incident. Jacksonville was declared the winner by a score of 11-5.

The trouble began in the bottom of the sixth inning when Jacksonville's Spike Lundberg threw a pitch over Barons' Corey Smith's head. Smith pointed his bat at Lundberg and the two traded words before both dugouts emptied. The game resumed a short time later. Two factors may have led to the initial trouble, the Suns were ahead by eight runs and Lundberg had hit Birmingham's Michael Myers the last time he faced the Barons two weeks ago.

At the end of the inning, Smith returned to the field and exchanged insults with Lundberg, which prompted the second bench-clearing brawl. Witnesses report that Cron was hit in the face by a Jacksonville player.

In the bottom of the seventh inning, Lundberg threw a tight pitch to Birmingham's Robert Valido. This got the two team's dugouts hurling insults across the field at each other.

In the top of the eighth inning, Jacksonville's Matt Kemp came to bat against Barons' reliever Eduardo Sierra. After two tight pitches, the benches emptied for the third and final brawl of the game.

Cron was livid that the player who punched him remained in the game. "I've been in the game a long time and I've never seen anything like this. It was out of hand. Nobody was in control. So I took my guys off the field," Cron said.

Much of the blame for the events is placed at the replacement umpires for not taking control quickly enough. Replacement umpires have been working minor league games since the start of the season after the Association of Minor League Umpires went on strike. Wilder plans to lodge a complaint about the officiating with the league office. "I'm calling as soon as I can. This has gotten out of control," Wilder said.

I'd assume that would be the incident I have seen fathom eluding to in the past. Kemp got hit in the 8th, and that caused the game to end in a forfeit.