White Sox vs. Tigers, 4/22/07 (L)

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 08:37 PM)
F@#k! PK and Ozuna combine for a billion outs. Where the hell was Gooch? Should not have came down to the Logan in the 12th.

Send BA down, get someone that can hit.

Didn't you know that Iguchi sucks vs RHP, so that's why he was benched?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 03:35 PM)
Once again,

Amazing how losing this last game can shade your view. If the Sox won Game 1, lost yesterday, and got the W today, everyone is happy. We win the 1st two, and lose this one, and it feels like a bad weekend. I'm not calling anyone out, I feel the same way, just odd how it works.

That's true... 2/3 on the road is nothing to complain about.

Once again,

Amazing how losing this last game can shade your view. If the Sox won Game 1, lost yesterday, and got the W today, everyone is happy. We win the 1st two, and lose this one, and it feels like a bad weekend. I'm not calling anyone out, I feel the same way, just odd how it works.

The loss of this game doesnt irk me. AArdsma isnt going to be lights out all the time. He pitched well this year, and had a bad game. It happens. He was one out away from a sweep.

What irks me is the fact that our offense is still all or nothing. And we have members of our 3-4-5 combo that are completely lost. I wonder what Walk does to fix him, besides saying he is a major leaguer and got here with his swing . Konerko tinkers too much with this swing, and is completely lost. He will be this way for a while because our coaching staff cant help on this one.

Brian Anderson needs to go to AAA and get rebuilt. He is a mess now. Bring up Terrero.

Once again,

I dont mind the loss, its the way we lost!

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
Once again,

b/c we were 1 out away with no one on from a sweep. if the sox would have lost 6-1 then everyone would be saying atleast we took the series. but this should have been a sweep.

that being said, 9-8 with the way this team is hitting is good, especially with the teams we've played.

Once again,

I'm still satisfied with the weekend. We beat up Detroit and that's great. Not to mention it took a freak occurrence to send it to extras. We just ran out of pitchers. From the guys used in recent days to the game going 12 we were left with Masset (who pitched well) and Logan (who sucks ass). Masset was pushed as far as he could go and the offense didn't score. It sucks to lose this one and waste a good start by Garland, but we took 2 of 3 and I have confidence we can continue to dominate Detroit.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 08:30 PM)
As mad as everybody is, isn' this one all Aardsma's fault?

Was Jenks not useable today?

3 games in a row for Flapjack Bobby, so it shoulda been Thornton in there, but instead we go with Aaaaaaaaardsma on the 3rd consecutive day. Not the best choice, but alot easier to say now that the game stats have been sent to Cooperstown.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 08:37 PM)
3 games in a row for Flapjack Bobby, so it shoulda been Thornton in there, but instead we go with Aaaaaaaaardsma on the 3rd consecutive day. Not the best choice, but alot easier to say now that the game stats have been sent to Cooperstown.

Aardsma is not a closer. This happens all over the league all the time. You put a regular reliever in a non-save situation and voila, blown save. It wasn't Ozzie's fault, he shouldn't have put Jenks in. He put his hottest reliever in (I mean that in a baseball sense, you sick bastard). That's what you do in this situation. Konerko had roughly 35 chances to drive in a run. He did not. Konerko has the blame for today's game.