And thats a White Sox loser...

BearSox

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
I call BS on that one...

Zoolander is 1-4 with an ERA north of 7 against us....

This should have been a W. Period.

Yeah, I was about to say the same.

The White Sox can hit hard throwing pitchers... they can't handle the soft tossing pitchers who go down and away.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
I call BS on that one...

Zoolander is 1-4 with an ERA north of 7 against us....

This should have been a W. Period.

I don't disagree. But the fact is the Sox put all their marbles in yesterday. Tough loss today, but if the Sox had all their tools available, they'd probably have walked out with a W. I'd rather put my marbles in sooner rather than later if the next day has Verlander on the hill.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
I don't disagree. But the fact is the Sox put all their marbles in yesterday. Tough loss today, but if the Sox had all their tools available, they'd probably have walked out with a W. I'd rather put my marbles in sooner rather than later if the next day has Verlander on the hill.

Absolutely....play for today, worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. It's too bad Aardsma overthrew that fastball. Time to start hitting more consistently. I wish we still had Gload on the roster to back-up PK.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 03:57 PM)
I just want to know when this team will hit something outside of a homer to score. It did happen this weekend. But its not happening enough. Its warm out, unless they think 70 degrees is cold. Now I know that usually means lift and pull is back into full production, but our sitatuional hitting sucks. If we are still hitting like this come May 1st, and we are homer or nothing and most of our lineup is lost. Hopefully KW will have the balls to fire Walker, and get someone in here who can teach them out to level their swing out, and maybe help with a long looping swing.

What will happen at some point pretty soon is that I anticipate the Sox going on a 3-4 game HR explosion where they put up a bunch of runs, then Walker's job is safe, then we'll go back to the same all or nothing approach and the cycle will start over again.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
Thames has been hitting like s***, and Aardsma just missed his spot with that pitch. Look at where A.J. set up and where the pitch was thrown.

It doesnt matter. You can still take a fastball low and away deep. He is a good fastball hitter.

Lets say it was Konerko up there, and he is struggling like hell, would you still throw him 3 straight fastballs? I doubt it.

and PFB, stfu.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
What will happen at some point pretty soon is that I anticipate the Sox going on a 3-4 game HR explosion where they put up a bunch of runs, then Walker's job is safe, then we'll go back to the same all or nothing approach and the cycle will start over again.

Which means the usual August/September tank.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 08:44 PM)
Anderson's was huge in a few games his first two years. Right now, he's just a waste of what could be a valuable roster spot. We simply don't hit lefty pitching, and it's no shock that Ledezma shut us down.

I was hoping to see more from Brian Anderson. You have to make the most of your chances when you are trying to hang onto that roster spot. Lackadaisical play is what we saw.

But todays game is what we have been used to in the past: runner on second with less than 2 outs and we always see a K and then an easy third out. Our big hitters grounding in to the DP is another one. Hopefully they get out of this. Definently the relief corp failed today though big time. We did have enough to win this one.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
Absolutely....play for today, worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. It's too bad Aardsma overthrew that fastball. Time to start hitting more consistently. I wish we still had Gload on the roster to back-up PK.

I wish we had a hitting coach and hitters who knew that line drives and going with the pitch is more effective then uppercut pull swings.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
I was hoping to see more from Brian Anderson. You have to make the most of your chances when you are trying to hang onto that roster spot. Lackadaisical play is what we saw.

But todays game is what we have been used to in the past: runner on second with less than 2 outs and we always see a K and then an easy third out. Our big hitters grounding in to the DP is another one. Hopefully they get out of this. Definently the relief corp failed today though big time. We did have enough to win this one.

Agreed. Pin this one on the offense. They knew coming into the game that they'd be shorthanded with pitching. The offense just flat out didn't get it done. They left a hell of a lot of runners on base and didn't put the Tigers away when they needed to.

On the other hand, the Tigers don't look that good to me. I think we should beat them out this year: we have a better lineup (and hopefully we get our heads out of our asses and start showing it), a better bullpen, and comparable starting pitching.

Cleveland scares the crap out of me when we play them, but they don't do as well against the rest of the league as they do against us.