And thats a White Sox loser...

BearSox

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 09:12 PM)
I have a bad feeling that KW will do something idiotically drastic at mid-season to get Rowand back. Like trading Anderson and Day for him.

Considering Anderson has no future with us, and Day is as old as Contreras is, then that wouldn't be a horrible trade. We've made one great trade with Philly, and one horrible. Time for one in the middle.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
What has he been saying today?

His usuall stuff. "It was a ballgame, that's all" "you can't win them all" "Logan lossing the game was a good thing because it could have caused more relievers to be used"

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
On the other hand, the Tigers don't look that good to me. I think we should beat them out this year: we have a better lineup (and hopefully we get our heads out of our asses and start showing it), a better bullpen, and comparable starting pitching.

Cleveland scares the crap out of me when we play them, but they don't do as well against the rest of the league as they do against us.

I don't know about having a better lineup. I agree with the rest of your post.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 09:13 PM)
On the other hand, the Tigers don't look that good to me. I think we should beat them out this year: we have a better lineup (and hopefully we get our heads out of our asses and start showing it), a better bullpen, and comparable starting pitching.

Cleveland scares the crap out of me when we play them, but they don't do as well against the rest of the league as they do against us.

I like the Tigers rotation better as soon as they put Ledezma in for Durbin. I really like their 2-5 part of their lineup, as Sheffield is like PK, they won't be this bad all year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 04:13 PM)
Considering Anderson has no future with us, and Day is as old as Contreras is, then that wouldn't be a horrible trade. We've made one great trade with Philly, and one horrible. Time for one in the middle.

Well, Day is said to have one Jim Dandy of a slider (I know, Hawk's sayings get to me), one compareable to Brad Lidge's. And he is 26-27, so that means a team could get 7-10 good seasons out of him, if he is as good as he is said to be.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 04:15 PM)
Anybody saying anything about why Thornton wasn't used today?

When I was listening, no.

I didn't listen or watch but Boone f***kin Logan was out last option? I going to start calling him Mr. March because that is the only time of the year he performs when April comes around he pisses his pants. Its nice to get 2 out of 3 on the road but when you are winning in the 9th you need to finish the job.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
I have a bad feeling that KW will do something idiotically drastic at mid-season to get Rowand back. Like trading Anderson and Day for him.

You dont trade guys who have a 70/80 slider on a scouts scale. Thats just dumb.

I love how they cherry pick the same overly optimistic fools to talk on the PFB show. Wasnt Tom from Desplaines that same overly optimistic fool who called into the PFB show last year, and talked about how negative everyone was and how we still had a chance to win it. Then PFB told him, uh no Tom we were just mathmatically elminated today.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 03:46 PM)
Sure this team is known for its line drive approach, and not going for the dong. Oh BTW water is pink, the sky is orange and Ozzie loves Brian.

Provide evidence that a line drive approach is better.

Power numbers look good.

4th in the AL in Dongs.

Ah yet the bat on the ball thing isnt working.

Last in batting average

Dead last in singles

Here is what I call the line drive stat. Line drives down the line, and in the gaps are doubles.

Dead last in doubles

Sure they are just going for a line drive approach. The endless popups are just are imagination.

And for the proof that the line drive approach is better. We 2nd to last on scoring runs. Scoring more runs than your opponent is still the way you win the game, unless they changed it on us.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 03:49 PM)
Power numbers look good.

4th in the AL in Dongs.

Ah yet the bat on the ball thing isnt working.

Last in batting average

Dead last in singles

Here is what I call the line drive stat. Line drives down the line, and in the gaps are doubles.

Dead last in doubles

Sure they are just going for a line drive approach. The endless popups are just are imagination.

And for the proof that the line drive approach is better. We 2nd to last on scoring runs. Scoring more runs than your opponent is still the way you win the game, unless they changed it on us.

They were third in the league last year in runs scored using the same exact approach.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 04:48 PM)
Provide evidence that a line drive approach is better.

I am really hoping you aren't serious....

But in the event that you are...here is your evidence... two words...

Minnesota Twins

Take a look at their record, average, OBP, and the # of HR's they have as a team. Their whole approach is base hits by driving the ball, adjusting to each pitcher, and guys that SHOULD suck getting hits...

Konerko needs to be taken out back and whipped. He has been pathetic so far, he is apposed to be our best hitter in the lineup, maybe 2nd to thome, and he has been a blackhole as bad as Erstad. But unlike Erstad, Konerko cant even hit a simple sac fly only double plays.

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
I am really hoping you aren't serious....

But in the event that you are...here is your evidence... two words...

Minnesota Twins

Take a look at their record, average, OBP, and the # of HR's they have as a team. Their whole approach is base hits by driving the ball, adjusting to each pitcher, and guys that SHOULD suck getting hits...

They Twins were 8th in the league in runs scored last year, the Sox were third.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 05:03 PM)
They were third in the league last year in runs scored using the same exact approach.

You would of loved our O pre 2005 then. It was near the league lead in homers, runs scored and no playoffs.

Again the tale of 2 halves. Pre-allstar we scored 520 runs good for first in baseball. That was all world there. We had a team .288BA.

In the 2nd half we were scored only 328 runs. Which was behind the Royals.

But again chicks dig the long ball. If you are so for this approach, lets bring back Jose Valentin, maybe we can dig Rob Deer out of retirement. And go with a team hitting .240-.250 and hitting 200 homers and we will win about 75 games this year.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 05:10 PM)
They Twins were 8th in the league in runs scored last year, the Sox were third.

Were were third in 04 with similiar numbers. Remember KW said he needed to overhaul the all or nothing offense. Thats why Valentin, Lee were gone.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 05:17 PM)
You would of loved our O pre 2005 then. It was near the league lead in homers, runs scored and no playoffs.

Again the tale of 2 halves. Pre-allstar we scored 520 runs good for first in baseball. That was all world there. We had a team .288BA.

In the 2nd half we were scored only 328 runs. Which was behind the Royals.

But again chicks dig the long ball. If you are so for this approach, lets bring back Jose Valentin, maybe we can dig Rob Deer out of retirement. And go with a team hitting .240-.250 and hitting 200 homers and we will win about 75 games this year.

Were were third in 04 with similiar numbers. Remember KW said he needed to overhaul the all or nothing offense. Thats why Valentin, Lee were gone.

Lee wasnt gone because of his HR swing, you do remember the 28 game hitting streak he had. And he hit for a good avg. too. The reason he was gone is because of Ozzie.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 05:19 PM)
Lee wasnt gone because of his HR swing, you do remember the 28 game hitting streak he had. And he hit for a good avg. too. The reason he was gone is because of Ozzie.

He was gone for his all or nothing approach. He had a 28 game hitting streak, then he and our benevolent hitting coach were upset that his power numbers were too low. They changed his approach towards the end of the streak. His power numbers went up, and his situational hitting went to s***. He was personally called out in a post game tirade by KW after a loss against the Twins in August. Remember when he struck out trying to hit homers when we needed singles or contact. He was as good as gone then. Ozzie didnt get rid of Lee, that was KW.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 01:45 PM)
Just put this in the GT.

Oh, and I have a big bone to pick with Coop. As I said about Walker, I am not one to blame coaches and mangers all the time. The players are the ones executing, they have to hit and pitch the ball. However, when it's a team wide thing, then I start to question. With Coop, it's clear he is just not preparing these pitchers the way they need to be. Mark had that string of like 15 of 18 games where he gave up a 1st inning run. Count has been getting rocked in the 1st. Today, Garland is trash in the 1st, then looks like Cy Young the rest of the game. Something isn't right, and needs to be fixed.

I think you are nit-picking. That first inning was not a badly pitched inning by Jon. It was more the Tigers hitters getting the ball to fall in the right spot or just having a real nice approach/swing on some good pitches. Jon has looked really really good all season long thus far.