Car Discussion

RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:02 PM)
There may be some that are up to par, but in my personal experience (4 american cars) they have been crap. But as i stated, I meant American muscle cars from the years that he mentioned.

What 4 American cars have you owned? The years that I mentioned are just about as solid as the come. Also 98-02 F-Body's were built in Canada.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dan @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
What 4 American cars have you owned? The years that I mentioned are just about as solid as the come. Also 98-02 F-Body's were built in Canada.

1987 ford taurus, 1996 ford explorer, 1998 jeep grand cherokee 5.9, 2000 jeep grand cherokee limited.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 03:02 PM)
So im still in negotiations, we will see where it goes.

Here is the link to the ride

http://www.luxurymotors.com/inventory_deta...INITI+G35+COUPE

I don't trust dealerships without gimmicky commercials or low-budget, corny saturday morning infomercials.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
I don't trust dealerships without gimmicky commercials or low-budget, corny saturday morning infomercials.

Actually Luxury motors has a very shady reputation on some of their higher end used cars. If this wasnt new, I wouldnt do biz with them.

QUOTE(Balance @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 05:20 PM)
I do like the G35 coupe. I definitely do.

Check out carbuyingtips.com ; it helped me when I bought my RSX.

Thanks Bal!!

Update:

Went into the dealership and they pulled bait and switch on me for about an hour. Background on me is that im in high cost sales, so this doesnt intimidate or scare me. So after about 5 guys told me i was crazy, I asked the sales manager for a piece of paper. I wrote down exactly what I wanted, in clear terms. I wrote at the bottom, if my terms are met by tomorrow at 5pm I will purchase the car with these terms. I then signed my name to the piece of paper, put in on his desk, took my keys and left.

We'll see what happens.

QUOTE(Balance @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:54 AM)
I hope you get exactly what you want, at exactly the price you want!

If not, you can take your business to another dealer.

Just about to give another update. After I left the GM of the dealership called me and told me that the numbers I wanted were totally not doable. The funny thing is he also told me that the numbers his own finance manager quoted me were not doable. He then tried to convince me that he wasnt making any profit, my trade in was crap (which it isnt at all) and that the payments were totally off base. One of them is lying, try and figure out who.

Car buying is seriously the gayest thing. They could make it so much easier than it is.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:05 AM)
Just about to give another update. After I left the GM of the dealership called me and told me that the numbers I wanted were totally not doable. The funny thing is he also told me that the numbers his own finance manager quoted me were not doable. He then tried to convince me that he wasnt making any profit, my trade in was crap (which it isnt at all) and that the payments were totally off base. One of them is lying, try and figure out who.

Car buying is seriously the gayest thing. They could make it so much easier than it is.

I agree. Two of my good friends used to be car salesman so I normally bring at least one, if not both with me when me or a family are looking for a car. Some of the lies that these people come up with is entertaining. The new trick Ive noticed is they put popular cars on their web site at an amazing price and when you call and ask about it they say its there and to come on in, but in all actuality it never existed.

Well, there's no point in continuing to do business with that dealer. They're obviously not dealing with you honestly.

There are a lot of Infiniti dealers you can choose from. Try another one. I wouldn't stand for being treated like the current dealer is treating you.

That in a nutshell might be the 2nd biggest reason I drive cars into the ground. Car salesmen are about the lowest form of life on this planet. I HATE dealing with those people, and would rather drive something older than give them a dime of my money.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 11:59 AM)
That in a nutshell might be the 2nd biggest reason I drive cars into the ground. Car salesmen are about the lowest form of life on this planet. I HATE dealing with those people, and would rather drive something older than give them a dime of my money.

They are the worst. Im now in an email battle with the GM. The key is dont fall in love with the car, and make sure if you dont like the deal, dont take it.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 12:26 PM)
They are the worst. Im now in an email battle with the GM. The key is dont fall in love with the car, and make sure if you dont like the deal, dont take it.

If you dont reach an agreement with LM are you gonna go to different dealerships or look for a different car?

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 12:31 PM)
If you dont reach an agreement with LM are you gonna go to different dealerships or look for a different car?

Dealerships. Ive contacted the lisle dealership as well. The problem is that LM had the exact car I want, now I have to try and find it somewhere else.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 12:40 PM)
Dealerships. Ive contacted the lisle dealership as well. The problem is that LM had the exact car I want, now I have to try and find it somewhere else.

It was brand new right, I would think if places didnt have it they could order one.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 12:59 PM)
:D Just don't get the rust proofing!

Whenever I think about somebody ordering rust proofing I get a visual in my head of all the salesman lighting up cigars and laughing when you walk out of the dealership.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 01:39 PM)
Update:

I contacted a competing dealership that does not have a friendly relationship with LM. He is finding the exact same car that I was looking at previously, and is working to beat the numbers that I was given by LM.

There ya go, if they don like LM they might give you a good deal just to stick it to them! :cheers

f*** that! take your business elsewhere!

Car salesmen can be some shady dickheads. I worked at a Ford dealership and the GM was the gayest dude ever. After leaving that job, they inspired me to never purchase a vehicle from them or their chain EVER!

Edited by Dan

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Bal!!

Update:

Went into the dealership and they pulled bait and switch on me for about an hour. Background on me is that im in high cost sales, so this doesnt intimidate or scare me. So after about 5 guys told me i was crazy, I asked the sales manager for a piece of paper. I wrote down exactly what I wanted, in clear terms. I wrote at the bottom, if my terms are met by tomorrow at 5pm I will purchase the car with these terms. I then signed my name to the piece of paper, put in on his desk, took my keys and left.

We'll see what happens.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing against you personally, but good for the dealer. Car makers set retail prices for new cars. If the dealer is higher than that price, then yeah, you should raise a point. I hated it when people used to come to the liquor store and try to make deals as if it was some market in Mexico.

Used houses, used cars, yes there should be some negotiations because not every model of a used car is going to be the same like when it first comes out (in theory.)

You played hardball with that dealership, and they didn't give in. They'll just get someone else to buy it.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 04:02 PM)
Nothing against you personally, but good for the dealer. Car makers set retail prices for new cars. If the dealer is higher than that price, then yeah, you should raise a point. I hated it when people used to come to the liquor store and try to make deals as if it was some market in Mexico.

Used houses, used cars, yes there should be some negotiations because not every model of a used car is going to be the same like when it first comes out (in theory.)

You played hardball with that dealership, and they didn't give in. They'll just get someone else to buy it.

Ya, but I think it was also the issue of being lied to. If one guy there tells them he can do that price and then one guy says they cant its just giving him the run around.