White Sox vs. Tigers, 4/25/07 (L)

knightni

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
Didnt realize he did play yesterday, I was flip flopping through channels and didnt stick with the Sox until the 8th started. This is still a bit questionable though.

Yeah, something was up because they brought Ozuna in as a defensive replacement for Dye which didn't make any sense. One could only assume that something was wrong with JD.

Edited by pcullotta

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:20 PM)
Are the other contending teams having their starters pitch 8 and 9 innings each night? Am I missing something here?

Yes, you are.

Following Buehrle's no-hitter last week, the starting pitchers have respectively lasted: 6, 4.2, 7 (10 inning game), 8 (12 inning game), 7, and 6 innings. I don't care about other contending ballclubs.

After tonight there are four straight games.

It's not just the extra innings games which have pushed our bullpen, but several starters (such as Danks) not lasting six innings.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:01 PM)
Following Buehrle's no-hitter last week, the starting pitchers have respectively lasted: 6, 4.2, 7 (10 inning game), 8 (12 inning game), 7, and 6 innings. I don't care about other contending ballclubs.

After tonight there are four straight games.

It's not just the extra innings games which have pushed our bullpen, but several starters (such as Danks) not lasting six innings.

You should at least somewhat care about other contending ballclubs because Detroit's bullpen has been pushed a lot more than ours as of late. The Angels series was not kind to the Tiggers staff at all.

QUOTE(Damen @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:26 PM)
Wow. So here's an obvious question...why not put Anderson in the field? If we're stuck into having Ozuna, Anderson, Erstad, and Mack all starting, why don't we DH Ozuna, since he's by far the biggest liability in the OF. Anderson in Center, Erstad in Left, Mack in Right?

What's the problem with that? It makes too much sense?

I'd really like it if someone could explain this one to me.

Anderson didn't look the greatest out in CF yesterday, but Ozuna looked bad out in LF.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)
I'd really like it if someone could explain this one to me.

Anderson didn't look the greatest out in CF yesterday, but Ozuna looked bad out in LF.

Anderson at DH allows Thome to pinch hit for him. If he was in LF, then they'd be forced to sub in Dye.

QUOTE(kane0730 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:20 PM)
Anderson at DH allows Thome to pinch hit for him. If he was in LF, then they'd be forced to sub in Dye.

Same could be true of Ozuna at DH.

It's just another odd decision from Guillen. Even when you look at the lineup, and do everything possible not to vomit, you'd assume that Anderson in LF would be a fairly easy decision. Guess not. :bang

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:30 PM)
Same could be true of Ozuna at DH.

It's just another odd decision from Guillen. Even when you look at the lineup, and do everything possible not to vomit, you'd assume that Anderson in LF would be a fairly easy decision. Guess not. :bang

Yes, but my guess is that Ozzie's thinking Ozuna adds a lot more offensively than BA, so if you're going to sub late, better to have Ozuna still in instead of Anderson.

Lets just hope Ozuna doesn't manage to give up any runs out there before that time.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)
Yes, but my guess is that Ozzie's thinking Ozuna adds a lot more offensively than BA, so if you're going to sub late, better to have Ozuna still in instead of Anderson.

Lets just hope Ozuna doesn't manage to give up any runs out there before that time.

We have a lefty on the mound facing a lot of righties. LF won't be very important anyways.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 01:08 PM)
Will this game actually be on ESPN HD or will it be blacked out?

I am sure we will get the game on ESPN out here in God's Country, but who knows about the Chicagoland area. My concern is that weather forecast also

Lets get Danks his first MLB victory tonight...

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 08:08 AM)
Will this game actually be on ESPN HD or will it be blacked out?

Well, tonights game is on WCIU also, and they have HD... plus, Hawk and DJ are much better then anybody they have announcing on ESPN.