White Sox vs. Tigers, 4/25/07 (L)

knightni

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that is a terrible lineup... It should be something like this...

LF, Erstad

2B, Iguchi

1B, Konerko

C, Pierzynski

3B, Crede

RF, Mackowiak

SS, Uribe

CF, Anderson

DH, Ozuna

I dont understand why you DH your best defensive OF, and have your worst play the field.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 04:48 PM)
Erstad at CF you mean.

Anderson is a much better CF then Erstad is, I dont care what anyone says. Erstad might get better jumps, but Anderson has better speed, and gets good jumps also, with a good throwing arm. Erstad would also be ideal for LF because he throws lefty.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 05:03 PM)
Anderson is the superior defender and no one will convince me otherwise.

He is when he's not dogging it out there. He hasn't looked spectacular in his time out there. He's made some fantastic plays and showed what he's capable of, but he's also made some dumb plays.

QUOTE(max power @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 05:00 PM)
What's the logic behind putting AJ in the 4 spot over crede? Just another left righty thing?

Crede typically has more power.

But AJ has been doing better at the plate. Besides for practically running into a few, Crede has looked like his pre 05 postseason self...

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 05:04 PM)
He is when he's not dogging it out there. He hasn't looked spectacular in his time out there. He's made some fantastic plays and showed what he's capable of, but he's also made some dumb plays.

Are you talking in left or in center? There's no excuse for the ones in center.

QUOTE(Damen @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:26 PM)
Wow. So here's an obvious question...why not put Anderson in the field? If we're stuck into having Ozuna, Anderson, Erstad, and Mack all starting, why don't we DH Ozuna, since he's by far the biggest liability in the OF. Anderson in Center, Erstad in Left, Mack in Right?

What's the problem with that? It makes too much sense?

Because, unfortunately, Ozzie makes the f***ing lineups.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

Why would we put Ozuna who is a disaster in LF and keep Brian who can catch a ball as the designated hitter. Why wouldnt we take advantage of Brians best asset, his D.

You know Kong can DH and we could play Erstad at 1st. We have no flexibility in the OF now. Yuck.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 05:58 PM)
You know Kong can DH and we could play Erstad at 1st. We have no flexibility in the OF now. Yuck.

Ozzie is really backing himself into a corner with this one he's pretty much made his best defensive outfielder ineligible defensively tonight. If he wants to pinch hit or run for anyone starting in the outfield or if god forbid there's an injury he'll have to play another non outfielder out there.

I don't really get why he'd leave himself so little flexibility. Is he trying to make a point by putting Anderson at DH? Because there are better ways to go about doing so.

I don't know if it's gonna work, but Ozzie sure has guts. He's getting flayed for this one, I'm become an Ozzie backer and I'm shaking my head. He really doesn't give a sh*t what everybody says.