How Fast can Terrero get up here

joeynach

Yikes this outfield is atrocious right now. Dye banged up, Pods on DL, now Mack banged up. Plus couple that with Thome out of the lineup cuz hes hurt too. Did we get really old this year, did I miss us becoming the Miami heat of the American League? Anyway they better get Tererro up here real qucik cuz all we got now is Erstad, Anderson, and Ozuna. I feel bad for our pitchers, espcially young Danks who have to deal with downgraded lineup as well as shotty outfield defense with all these converts out there. To be real honest the blame lies with KW not having real OF's on the bench, at least defensively, instead of the two INF they converted to OF last year. This is becoming very ugly.

QUOTE(joeynach @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 09:12 PM)
Yikes this outfield is atrocious right now. Dye banged up, Pods on DL, now Mack banged up. Plus couple that with Thome out of the lineup cuz hes hurt too. Did we get really old this year, did I miss us becoming the Miami heat of the American League? Anyway they better get Tererro up here real qucik cuz all we got now is Erstad, Anderson, and Ozuna. I feel bad for our pitchers, espcially young Danks who have to deal with downgraded lineup as well as shotty outfield defense with all these converts out there. To be real honest the blame lies with KW not having real OF's on the bench, at least defensively, instead of the two INF they converted to OF last year. This is becoming very ugly.

Agree. This outfield has given up so many runs this year that even adequate defensive outfielders handle. It's getting to be really ridiculous.

Even Jerry Owens has cooled off after his hot start. That .400 OBP is now .359 and his impressive K:BB is now even (still good but headed in the wrong direction.) As of right now there really aren't any hot hitting young outfielders in AAA.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 02:38 AM)
Even Jerry Owens has cooled off after his hot start. That .400 OBP is now .359 and his impressive K:BB is now even (still good but headed in the wrong direction.) As of right now there really aren't any hot hitting young outfielders in AAA.

"young outfielders"? Terrero and Owens are both very old for prospects, aren't they?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 10:43 PM)
Terrero will be 27 next month and Owens just turned 26 so no they are not young. Fields is 25 and has been terrible thus far this season and Sweeney is 22 but hasn't done much of anything either.

So assuming Mack, Dye, and Thome can't play for the next couple of days I'd say someone is getting called up. If it were up to me it would be Owens.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 10:43 PM)
Terrero will be 27 next month and Owens just turned 26 so no they are not young. Fields is 25 and has been terrible thus far this season and Sweeney is 22 but hasn't done much of anything either.

Business as usual for the farm system.

If either Fields or Sweeney can turn themselves around, atleast it would save us money for perhaps one roster position in 2008. Although I doubt either will be seriously considered for a starting position, which is SAD.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(joeynach @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 10:12 PM)

Well, first off. Anderson was the defensive guy IMHO. So check one off your list. They're hurting, but its early. We will be fine. Hopefully Mack feels fine in the morning, cause I actually like seeing him in our lineup (he also wasn't converted to the OF last year. He has been out there since 2001, when he came up, has over 250 games in RF, 173 in CF, and over 80 games in LF. FoxSportsNet). Knock out part of another.

As much as I hate to say it, let Anderson play, see if he can hit, give him a shot again, theres really no better options right now, and see if he fails or flurishes. And Ozuna, well he's one of my favorites, so I won't say anything bad about him :).

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 10:53 PM)
So assuming Mack, Dye, and Thome can't play for the next couple of days I'd say someone is getting called up. If it were up to me it would be Owens.

Dye and Thome are supposed to be back tomorrow or the next day. There is no DL for them.

I was implying getting Terrero up here cuz we need OF's who can field their position. I wasn't necissarily saying we need at add a big bat. If we only have 3 OF's right now we are in trouble. Erstad, Pablo, and Anderson is all we got right now. We need another at least 1 more OF to come off the bench then. We have no depth there right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 09:33 PM)
You do know Terrero is awful, right? After his hot start, he's hitting .245 and has zero walks on the season.

What's ironic is that Terrero and Anderson are very similar players. If Anderson doesn't hit this season, I think his career will look a lot like Terrero's.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 09:31 AM)
What's ironic is that Terrero and Anderson are very similar players. If Anderson doesn't hit this season, I think his career will look a lot like Terrero's.

BA needs to be in AAA figuring out his swing. Right now its notchy and too mechanical. Terrero is better suited for 1-2 appearances per week than BA.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 09:35 AM)
BA needs to be in AAA figuring out his swing. Right now its notchy and too mechanical. Terrero is better suited for 1-2 appearances per week than BA.

He missed about 5 meatballs from Durbin and Jones last night. It's also looping and long. I was screaming at the TV to pinch hit for him, but then I remembered Dye wasn't going to play so they didn't have anyone left on the bench...crap.

Watching Zumaya blow up was worth watchign that game tho.