Grinder Bash

chisoxgrl

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 06:52 PM)
All I know is there are two dates, and if you didn't get one for May, you will be going in August.

I got for May, but is it cool? I mean they say you can go to the dugout and on the warning track, and it costs nothing?? Former Sox players will be there? A Sox fans dream to go onto the field!! Is it as good as it sounds?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 07:09 PM)
Last year was a blast. Got on the bullpen phone, dugout, clubhouse, ect. Everything is free as well. If it's anywhere as near as good as last year, go.

I'm going!!! I am so excited for it too!! It sounds like a SOX fans dream!! I am taking pictures too!! Thanks for the info!

Last year was a blast. Got on the bullpen phone, dugout, clubhouse, ect. Everything is free as well. If it's anywhere as near as good as last year, go.

Dude you are from Wheaton?? Me too! GO SOX!!

I think I went to one of these things several years back, but it wasn't called a "Grinder Bash". I must've been 9 or 10 years old, so this had to have been about 10 years ago. I did exactly everything you mentioned above, and I even took some of the dirt on the infield with me. I stuck it in my pocket and put it in a plastic bag when I got home. :lol:

Im going again this year. I think its in a couple of week. Its a great time, free food and beer, get to go all over the park.

Check that. Its this sat and I may not be able to go, damn

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 09:47 AM)
Im going again this year. I think its in a couple of week. Its a great time, free food and beer, get to go all over the park.

If you can't use them, can I buy them off you?

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 09:38 AM)
Here's some pics from the Grinder Bash last year. That's me on the BP phone. I was a little upset cause I wanted to rest Bobby that day.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome...mSB&notag=1

Jerk...it started raining 10 minutes before I was supposed to get on the field...but I'll be getting my pictures this year.

And I hope they have someone better there than Carlos May!

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 12:20 PM)
And I hope they have someone better there than Carlos May!

LOl, somebody like Minnie??

This is a blast though, the free beer is worth showing up for alone. I'm kinda hoping they are showing off the new Jim Beam Club, I'd like to check the view from there.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 12:44 PM)
LOl, somebody like Minnie??

This is a blast though, the free beer is worth showing up for alone. I'm kinda hoping they are showing off the new Jim Beam Club, I'd like to check the view from there.

Ill be up there for a game in 2 weeks. Ill let you know. (if I can remember it)

I went to one of these last year, it was fun. But I haven't heard anything about this one yet. Is this just for full season holders? Because last year, it was also for lowly split-seasons like me. Anyone know?

I'm also a lowly split-season ticket holder and I'm going Sat. afternoon. I know they're doing more of these later in the summer so odds are you're going one of those weekends. When all else fails, call your rep.

QUOTE(maki @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:26 AM)
free parking in the lots i assume?

Yes.

I will be there at 5-8 tonight. pretty easy to spot me in the parking lot if you read the car discussion at all, I will be driving my new whip. Hopefully everyone has a great time, ill take advantage of the free beer.

Today was awesome! Grinder Bash was really cool! I thought it would be a group thing, but we were free to roam wherever we wanted. Ron Kittle was there and that was great because he is my friends former Sox guy favorite! The weather held out and the food was good! I found a cool little rock on the warning track:0) Thanks for all the input! It worked out great! :gosox1: