White Sox vs. Angels, 5/4/07 (L)

BearSox

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:32 AM)
All I know is if Omar Minaya comes a sniffing around Contreras around the trade deadline, you seriously consider moving him.

Contreras for Milledge. Boom, done.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:31 PM)
SSI71, great Swingers reference. In fact, after this game, I think I'm going to watch that movie. Is there a better scene in any movie than the NHL '94 scene?

"I'm gonna make little Wayne's head bleed."

One of my favorite movies. I used to live in an apartment complex years ago and had 7 of my friends in different apartments in the same complex. It was like living in a frat house. We used to watch that movie all the time.

Well at least my rainbow six las vegas red add on pack will entertain me after this game. 3 new maps, 2 redone maps and 2 new game types.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:30 PM)
Considering that the Angels are pretty good teams year in and year out. How is it that they draft such good players and just have a minor league system filled with talent. I thought if you draft down in the order you cant have a good minors system. I wonder how many football players they have drafted.

Kendrick, Cabrera, Willits, Murphy, Izturis, Figgins, Aybar, Wood, Matthews....that's more athleticism on their 40 man roster than we've produced in 10-15 years of position prospects.

that's not including Morales, Weaver, McPherson and Kotchmann

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:34 PM)
Contreras for Milledge. Boom, done.

Think about it from a few great points. You can get something for him, and they have soured on Miledge. We would lose a bit amount of money from the budget. We could use that in FA next year.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:32 PM)
All I know is if Omar Minaya comes a sniffing around Contreras around the trade deadline, you seriously consider moving him.

If by "consider" you mean "jump on that s*** in a heartbeat" then yes I agree. If you can get a solid prospect or two for a 56 year old starting pitcher with declining stuff and ~$25M remaining on his deal, you do it. Especially considering this team is probably headed towards a rebuilding period.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:36 PM)
If by "consider" you mean "jump on that s*** in a heartbeat" then yes I agree. If you can get a solid prospect or two for a 56 year old starting pitcher with declining stuff and ~$25M remaining on his deal, you do it. Especially considering this team is probably headed towards a rebuilding period.

^

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:36 AM)
Horrible trade. We can get more than that.

Why are you so obssesed with this guy? Is it because Beane showed interest in him?

Why would it be horrible if you're clearing yourself of Jose's contract while adding an actual outfield prospect with a high ceiling.

Another fantastic AB....is AJP the most overrated player in the AL Central?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:37 AM)
holy christ we don't care anymore

Yet no one gets on the manager. This isn't even close to being fun to watch.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:38 AM)
We have way too many #8 hitters in our lineup right now.

And a few #7 hitters in the minors.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:36 AM)
Why are you so obssesed with this guy? Is it because Beane showed interest in him?

Haha, still beating that drum? That was almost funny, I guess...

Why is it a horrible trade? We shed $20 million dollars on a fading pitcher and get a very good outfield prospect. Things change if Contreras dominates for the next two months and the Sox fade out of the race, but I'd do that trade.