Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Meanwhile, with covers of Madden NFL 09 set to ship nationwide next Tuesday, IGN has learned that EA intends to produce a new cover of the game with Favre in a Jets uniform. The cover will not likely be ready for the launch date. It is unknown yet whether EA will sell the cover separately, release a separate edition of the game, or offer the cover to fans free of charge."

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 11:54 PM)
"Meanwhile, with covers of Madden NFL 09 set to ship nationwide next Tuesday, IGN has learned that EA intends to produce a new cover of the game with Favre in a Jets uniform. The cover will not likely be ready for the launch date. It is unknown yet whether EA will sell the cover separately, release a separate edition of the game, or offer the cover to fans free of charge."

wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

owned regardless

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 05:00 PM)
You guys wanna hear my crappy PS3 story? I went to buy one the other day used and the guy tried to ripping me off by selling me a 40GB unit when he said it was a 60 like I wouldn't know how to tell...

That probably works on most people.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 04:00 PM)
You guys wanna hear my crappy PS3 story? I went to buy one the other day used and the guy tried to ripping me off by selling me a 40GB unit when he said it was a 60 like I wouldn't know how to tell...

I'd stay away from the 60 gig models if I were you. Those are the cheapest build and have the most problems. If you can find a 20 gig model anywhere, jump on it and replace the HD.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 10:52 AM)
I'd stay away from the 60 gig models if I were you. Those are the cheapest build and have the most problems. If you can find a 20 gig model anywhere, jump on it and replace the HD.

Really? I actually bought one yesterday. Where have you heard that from?

I bought the 60 because of the emotion engine so I can play my PS2 games with no problems since my PS2 sucks. The 20's don't even have wifi, flash card readers or PS3 emulation...

I've got a 60gb, had it since a few months after launch. It's worked perfectly until just a couple of weeks ago. I downloaded the NCAA 09 demo and noticed that every once and a while a player would get a huge spike or line coming out of its back. I ignored it, thinking that it was just something with the demo. I popped in NCAA 08 a couple days later and had the same problem. Then I downloaded the Madden demo and yip, same problem. These are the only games that have any sort of problem. Other more demanding games, like MGS4, Assassins Creed, Uncharted, etc all run without issue. So I'm not really sure what the problem is. The unit is clean and runs in an open space, so I doubt it's overheating (I've also tried playing the game after the ps3 has been off for hours). So who knows. It sucks though, I was looking forward to Madden this year.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 01:24 PM)
What's the cheapest price I could possibly get on a Nintendo Wii here ATM?

Free if you order the Comcast Triple Play.

I seriously considered a craig's list ad to swap my 360 for a wii just because my wife would get involved. However, I then got greedy and thought of Madden (pre-ordered yesterday) and NBA 2k9...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
Free if you order the Comcast Triple Play.

I seriously considered a craig's list ad to swap my 360 for a wii just because my wife would get involved. However, I then got greedy and thought of Madden (pre-ordered yesterday) and NBA 2k9...

That comcast deal pisses me off so much because I already have the triple play deal. I wouldnt mind having my own Wii and not having to share it.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 01:57 PM)
Really? I actually bought one yesterday. Where have you heard that from?

I bought the 60 because of the emotion engine so I can play my PS2 games with no problems since my PS2 sucks. The 20's don't even have wifi, flash card readers or PS3 emulation...

I called in Sony Support to ask about the HD once, and they started out with all the basics questions. "What model do you have?" ... "You're having problems with the 20 gig? Really? We NEVER get calls about that model." The big difference between the two models was the blu ray drive. The 60 gig apparently had a lot of problems with it somewhere.

The 20 gig model is backwards compatible as well. It's either the 40 or 80 gig (or both?) that aren't. There's also a little linksys thing you can buy to make the 20 gig wireless. I have it, it works great. Finding the 20 gig these days, though, is not easy.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 07:49 AM)
LOL. Keep that hope alive Bob

One day, you will get your wish and vengeance will fall upon the Wii!!!!!!!

*dramatic organ music*

Haha. I promise you, though, in the long run, the PS3 will beat out both the Wii and 360. The PS3 is a horse. Next year there is a game coming out called MAG, it's a 250 player MMO FPS. Now if only they make an MMO RPG...

There are some awesome games coming out in the next few months. Socom, COD 5, End War, Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Fallout 3, Resistance 2, Prince of Persia, Tiger Woods, Far Cry 2. They're not all exclusive (I think Socom and Resistance are the only two), but I'm excited to get my game on.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 10:18 AM)
Haha. I promise you, though, in the long run, the PS3 will beat out both the Wii and 360. The PS3 is a horse. Next year there is a game coming out called MAG, it's a 250 player MMO FPS. Now if only they make an MMO RPG...

There are some awesome games coming out in the next few months. Socom, COD 5, End War, Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Fallout 3, Resistance 2, Prince of Persia, Tiger Woods, Far Cry 2. They're not all exclusive (I think Socom and Resistance are the only two), but I'm excited to get my game on.

Im excited to play these too. Hopefully Ghostbusters doesnt get cancelled on us because of the buyout