White Sox vs. Twins, 5/28/07 (L)

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 28, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)
Is Montero available?

Andy has no business being in the major leagues either,

The talent level on this team is nothing special. We have 3rd place talent level in the division, but when you add in the Twins execution and superior manager, we have all the makings of a 4th place team.

Edited by fathom

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 28, 2007 -> 04:10 PM)
Our minor league system sucks. Not only is the talent minimal, but we don't prepare these guys to be major league ready. Basically every prospect we call up is going to be an ineffective prospect. At least we know that Gio can dominate one team in AA though. We should trade him now while his value is high.

ALL the blame falls on KW, ALL of it!

QUOTE(fathom @ May 28, 2007 -> 09:12 PM)
On the bright side, at least we had about 5 minutes where we had hope we might win. That was more than I was expecting today. I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their holiday today!

I pissed away about 6 or 7 seven hours of my Holiday weekend watching White Sox baseball

1-10 on the day for Sox lefty hitters. Good thing AJ told Ozzie he's going to play today.
Thats funny, because I don't understand why Hall is on this team if AJ is going to play vs tough LHP. Terrero looked pretty good. Again, more great managerial moves by the Oz.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 28, 2007 -> 09:14 PM)
Thats funny, because I don't understand why Hall is on this team if AJ is going to play vs tough LHP. Terrero looked pretty good. Again, more great managerial moves by the Oz.

AJ is acting like a tool about this entire Toby Hall issue. The stupid thing is Hall will face a righty on Wednesday now. Good thing we got Hall to help against tough lefties.

Our minor league system sucks. Not only is the talent minimal, but we don't prepare these guys to be major league ready. Basically every prospect we call up is going to be an ineffective prospect. At least we know that Gio can dominate one team in AA though. We should trade him now while his value is high.

Even if someone were to suggest Day isn't ready, which he isn't, atleast there should be evidence of his DEVASTATING 48SO in 28innings stuff. I didn't see anything overwhelming.

Gonzalez damn well better produce immediately in the majors. He's probably the front runner to replace Buehrle for next season.

KILL everyone in our bullpen. This is now BEYOND pissing me off. No one we call up will make any difference. Our pitching situation, bullpen wise, is like that of the Cubs. Great market strategy, KW.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 28, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
Even if someone were to suggest Day isn't ready, which he isn't, atleast there should be evidence of his DEVASTATING 48SO in 28innings stuff. I didn't see anything overwhelming.

Gonzalez damn well better produce immediately in the majors. He's probably the front runner to replace Buehrle for next season.

I don't think people understand how bad the hitting in AA and AAA is this season. The people at BA constantly talk about how it's the weakest they've seen in a decade at least.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 28, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
I don't think people understand how bad the hitting in AA and AAA is this season. The people at BA constantly talk about how it's the weakest they've seen in a decade at least.

Even so, we're not exactly in a position to give up starting pitching prospects. Especially considering Williams' stance on long term deals and the complete lack of international scouting. De Los Santos nonwithstanding.

I've held a belief that a legitimate ace should be on this ballclub by 2010. Preferably from Venezuela. If we can't take advantage of the 2005 World Series and Guillen's popularity, whomever is working out there deserves to be fired.

If Fields, Anderson, Sweeney, etc. haven't improved for next season, when their presence could be vital to obtaining other players, then it may be time to gut everything sooner.