White Sox vs. Twins, 5/28/07 (L)

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 28, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
lol, i noticed that too

wtf was that all about?

Hopefully it's a sign that he's coming here this offseason.

Anyways, 7 of the 8 runs scored in the 2nd and 6th inning can be placed on brainfarts by Contreras (hit the 8 hitter and allow a hit to the 9 hitter with 2 outs nobody on to start a rally? Don't cover 1st? Please), but beyond that, it is what it is. 1/3 of our lineup was awesome and 2/3 pathetic, but thusly, 4 runs in 8 innings is as good as we are going to do against Johan. And our bullpen is what it is, that is the thing that will keep us from having any shot at better than 3rd in the Central. Unless that pen is fixed and we get our heads out of our asses, it's countdown to Bearbounais time.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 28, 2007 -> 04:29 PM)
Even so, we're not exactly in a position to give up starting pitching prospects. Especially considering Williams' stance on long term deals and the complete lack of international scouting. De Los Santos nonwithstanding.

I've held a belief that a legitimate ace should be on this ballclub by 2010. Preferably from Venezuela. If we can't take advantage of the 2005 World Series and Guillen's popularity, whomever is working out there deserves to be fired.

If Fields, Anderson, Sweeney, etc. haven't improved for next season, when their presence could be vital to obtaining other players, then it may be time to gut everything sooner.

LOL, you just don't quit, do you? :P

You'll have to settle for Eggy and Gio's five combined Cy Youngs. :D

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 28, 2007 -> 04:29 PM)
Even so, we're not exactly in a position to give up starting pitching prospects. Especially considering Williams' stance on long term deals and the complete lack of international scouting. De Los Santos nonwithstanding.

I've held a belief that a legitimate ace should be on this ballclub by 2010. Preferably from Venezuela. If we can't take advantage of the 2005 World Series and Guillen's popularity, whomever is working out there deserves to be fired.

If Fields, Anderson, Sweeney, etc. haven't improved for next season, when their presence could be vital to obtaining other players, then it may be time to gut everything sooner.

Whatever you say Dusty, I guess American pitchers just aren't good enough. That Peavy guy sucks since he was born within our borders.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ May 28, 2007 -> 04:34 PM)
i care

I wouldn't really mind if the Bears went 0-16 and Brian Urlacher was stricken with a particularly seepage plagued case of syphillis, but I guess we're just different like that.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 28, 2007 -> 04:41 PM)
I wouldn't really mind if the Bears went 0-16 and Brian Urlacher was stricken with a particularly seepage plagued case of syphillis, but I guess we're just different like that.

No one asked you

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 28, 2007 -> 04:33 PM)
LOL, you just don't quit, do you? :P

You'll have to settle for Eggy and Gio's five combined Cy Youngs. :D

Honestly, what else can be said for having two tremendous selling points. Play for country idol Ozzie Guillen; and play for a recent World Series team. Hernandez decided on Seattle in part because Garcia played for them. There should be a monopoly on outgoing talent.

I'm going to hold you up on the five cy youngs between them. :D

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 28, 2007 -> 04:42 PM)
Honestly, what else can be said for having two tremendous selling points. Play for country idol Ozzie Guillen; and play for a recent World Series team. Hernandez decided on Seattle in part because Garcia played for them. There should be a monopoly on outgoing talent.

I'm going to hold you up on the five cy youngs between them. :D

All I ask is that you give them a chance. :P

Which would you prefer, a greater focus on improving our drafting or our international scouting?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 28, 2007 -> 04:39 PM)
Whatever you say Dusty, I guess American pitchers just aren't good enough. That Peavy guy sucks since he was born within our borders.

The difference is overseas draft position doesn't matter. It all depends upon dedication and whether you're willing to spend the money to search for and sign available players. And I realize Peavey was drafted in the later rounds. Problem is, you can't count on drafting a Peavey late; so why bother?

Venezuela is vital because of Guillen and our World Series championship. We need every advantage possible. I'd like to see an article similar to that of Omar Minaya which suggests our club has dedicated a five million dollar facility.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 28, 2007 -> 04:45 PM)
Which would you prefer, a greater focus on improving our drafting or our international scouting?

Both. We shouldn't be choosing one over another until atleast one proves itself valuable.

Early rounds, devote money to projectable picks; not safe ones. Accept the risk of failure for the possibility whomever selected has a high ceiling. That's more a shift in philosophy than anything else. Avoid terms such as "#4,#5 starter" or "athlete." These have been attached to recent draft choices, none of which have proved useful.

International scouting obviously needs to improve. You know all the reasons.