White Sox vs. Blue Jays, 5/31/07 (L)

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 31, 2007 -> 06:59 PM)
Grinderstad is slugging .319 in the month of May (not including today.)

AND HE HAD A 13 GAME HITTING STREAK.

Pathetic

Well he does grind, hit for average, and is our best fielder the last 3 years. Don't hate.

*insert throw up logo here*

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2007 -> 06:58 PM)
It's also a good way to never see a pitcher other than Halladay. But making him throw a minimal workload coming off a near 3 week layoff is a good idea now that I think about it.

His nickname is Doc. Maybe it has something to do with setting hitters up and getting them off balance. Might that be a key component of his success? His control is also a strong point...so normally if you let him throw you a pitch or two, you're looking at 0-2.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:03 PM)
That movie "knocked up" is supposed to be really funny, and it has the only hot doctor from Grey's Anatomy.

Nice inning guys.

Ah yes looks funny. Is it out yet?

I think Ozzie is really looking for a reason to be fired now.

QUOTE(AirScott @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:02 PM)
His nickname is Doc. Maybe it has something to do with setting hitters up and getting them off balance. Might that be a key component of his success? His control is also a strong point...so normally if you let him throw you a pitch or two, you're looking at 0-2.

Well we are being shut out through 5, and his 58 pitch count has CG SHO written all over it, so obviously their strategy is working to perfection.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:05 PM)

out tomorrow, I'm looking forward to it.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:05 PM)

Tomorrow it comes out, should be good. And Ozzie is going to get fired NEXT year when we suck and KW is looking for a scapegoat due to the mass lack of talent in the organzation (yes it will be worse than this year).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:03 PM)
A.J. trying to steal. That is really smart baseball right there.

EDIT: Ahh hit and run. Still really bad.

You should know better. Delete the first part for your pride. Also note Mackowiak's awful swing in an at-bat where he'd been mostly taking.

Good idea by Ozzie. Get them moving, Halladay generally throws strikes and was due to throw one. In retrospect and the future, a 3-1 count might be a better time to try that.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2007 -> 11:42 PM)
Have you seen Owens play? I laugh at everyone thinking how he'll come up here and make a big difference. Mackowiak's actually been hitting well lately....it's just his base running has been idiotic.

Owens is slugging about .360 last time I checked. When major league pitchers find out that he can't hit the ball past the outfielders, they're going to come right at him.

He could make a decent enough 4th outfielder, although knowing this manager, he'll be our starting left-fielder and leadoff man next season.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:05 PM)
Well we are being shut out through 5, and his 58 pitch count has CG SHO written all over it, so obviously their strategy is working to perfection.

Hmphf, must be bad scouting then...I haven't seen Halladay do this before.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:07 PM)
Owens is slugging about .360 last time I checked. When major league pitchers find out that he can't hit the ball past the outfielders, they're going to come right at him.

He could make a decent enough 4th outfielder, although knowing this manager, he'll be our starting left-fielder and leadoff man next season.

Yeah I'd agree with all that, but I'd rather see him in LF than Rob right now. When he's starting next year when we are healthy, I'll throw up.

You should know better. Delete the first part for your pride. Also note Mackowiak's awful swing in an at-bat where he'd been mostly taking.

Good idea by Ozzie. Get them moving, Halladay generally throws strikes and was due to throw one. In retrospect and the future, a 3-1 count might be a better time to try that.

It was a good idea? We already ran ourselves out of 1 inning, not worth the risk to do it again.

unreal. I can't believe Ozzie's decisions tonight on the basebaths (I don't blame the Erstad play with Mack getting thrown out at home, that was a nice play by Overbay)

MB is going to lose this game 1-0 giving up probably 3 hits when it's done

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:10 PM)
(I don't blame the Erstad play with Mack getting thrown out at home, that was a nice play by Overbay)

All he had to do was hit a groundball to 2B or SS and we had a run, they were giving us a run there. Erstad has shown an uncanny ability to hit ground balls to the middle infield this year too, but of course THERE he can't do it.