White Sox vs. Blue Jays, 5/31/07 (L)

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2007 -> 06:39 PM)
f*** this team. Rob Mackowiak seems to get thrown out at home once a week also. At least things aren't predictable.

It would be ONE thing if Mackowiak was healthy and could actually run, that would make trying to score asinine.

They can't get a DP, so you just stay at your base. And Rob couldn't score on a single to CF from 2nd base if Johnny Damon fielded the ball at the warning track.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2007 -> 11:40 PM)
Where is Jerry Owens? I KNOW Mackowiak is embarassing, at least give Owens a chance to prove if he is or not.

Have you seen Owens play? I laugh at everyone thinking how he'll come up here and make a big difference. Mackowiak's actually been hitting well lately....it's just his base running has been idiotic.

Erstad running in that situation is so stupid, it's not even funny. If Iguchi strikes out or pops up, then you take the bat out of Thome's hands if Erstad is safe at 2nd. That's a perfect example of how Ozzieball is incredibly worthless with this personnel.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2007 -> 06:42 PM)
Have you seen Owens play? I laugh at everyone thinking how he'll come up here and make a big difference. Mackowiak's actually been hitting well lately....it's just his base running has been idiotic.

Erstad running in that situation is so stupid, it's not even funny. If Iguchi strikes out or pops up, then you take the bat out of Thome's hands if Erstad is safe at 2nd. That's a perfect example of how Ozzieball is incredibly worthless with this personnel.

I'd rather see Owens than the 31 year old converted infielder on 1 leg. My apologies.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

This team is completly lost. 1st and 3rd 1 out guy is thrown out stealing........well at least DJ and Hawk think Erstad is godlike so he's gotta be good. That is as bad as it gets.

Through 3 innings Halladay has three called strikes and 5 guys have swung at the first pitch.

Nice job making the guy who hasn't pitched in 3 weeks work a little.

This is just stupid.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 31, 2007 -> 11:49 PM)
This team is completly lost. 1st and 3rd 1 out guy is thrown out stealing........well at least DJ and Hawk think Erstad is godlike so he's gotta be good. That is as bad as it gets.

Through 3 innings Halladay has three called strikes and 5 guys have swung at the first pitch.

Nice job making the guy who hasn't pitched in 3 weeks work a little.

This is just stupid.

This team seems to have no baseball IQ.

QUOTE(G&T @ May 31, 2007 -> 06:56 PM)
According to the Jays broadcast, swinging early in the count is the only way to get to Halladay. Figure I'd throw that out there.

It's also a good way to never see a pitcher other than Halladay. But making him throw a minimal workload coming off a near 3 week layoff is a good idea now that I think about it.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 31, 2007 -> 11:59 PM)
Grinderstad is slugging .319 in the month of May (not including today.)

AND HE HAD A 13 GAME HITTING STREAK.

Pathetic

Yep, and he's going to continue to play everyday. The scary part is he's been making his fair share of mental mistakes also in the field or up to the plate.