White Sox vs. Blue Jays, 5/31/07 (L)

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:16 PM)
What happened?

Erstad just either broke his ankle or screwed up his achilles really badly. Either way, he put no weight on it and left after being in major pain. The ump waived for the trainer right away, I think he might have heard a pop.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:15 PM)
I'm glad Ozzie has time to post in the game thread. If Ozzie shot his mother would you disagree with it?

And yeah, that is the end of the Erstad experiment.

OK, so we don't call a hit-and-run with AJ on first...the way Halladay's dealing, you like the chances for AJ to move one base to the next in the next few at-bats till he scores? Really? Right now he's allowed 5 hits in 6 innings. AJ goes first to third on a successful hit-and-run, but otherwise it'd take 3 hits to get him home, 2 if we're lucky. You confident we get those hits to get AJ from first to home? And if Mack puts it in play and fails, AJ is in scoring positon.

Edited by AirScott

QUOTE(AirScott @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:21 PM)
OK, so we don't call a hit-and-run with AJ on first...the way Halladay's dealing, you like the chances for AJ to move one base to the next in the next few at-bats till he scores? Really? Right now he's allowed 5 hits in 6 innings. AJ goes first to third on a successful hit-and-run, but otherwise it'd take 3 hits to get him home, 2 if we're lucky. You confident we get those hits to get AJ from first to home?

More confident in that than A.J. making it to 2nd. Mackowiak isn't exactly hammering the ball this year either, so that swing and miss was not a big surprise.

And Aboz, last page for an injury description.

QUOTE(AirScott @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:21 PM)
OK, so we don't call a hit-and-run with AJ on first...the way Halladay's dealing, you like the chances for AJ to move one base to the next in the next few at-bats till he scores? Really? Right now he's allowed 5 hits in 6 innings. AJ goes first to third on a successful hit-and-run, but otherwise it'd take 3 hits to get him home, 2 if we're lucky. You confident we get those hits to get AJ from first to home?

I'm much more confident that Scarlett Johanssen is in the Maxim Top 10 hottest next year...than that happening at this point of the demi-tragedy that is the White Sox season.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:18 PM)
HELLO???? What happened to Ersty?

Swung very hard at a ball low and missed. Looked like he jacked up his ankle or achilles on the follow through and went down to the ground in a heap holding his ankle. Was carried off the field.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:18 PM)

He swung and missed. Then he fell over and couldn't move and Hermy had to run onto the field. That's all we know.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:18 PM)

He swung and missed. There was a popping sound and he hit the ground. Its either a hamstring, knee, ankle or achilles injury. He was carried off the field. He will not be playing for a while.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:13 PM)
ERSTAD DOWN! ERSTAD DOWN!!!

I know there are some people smiling right now, admit it.

If they are I feel bad for them. He's not spectacular, but he's been consistant, he hustles, and plays his position maybe a bit above average. He at least gave us a bit more than we expected-unlike much of the roster

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:23 PM)
More confident in that than A.J. making it to 2nd. Mackowiak isn't exactly hammering the ball this year either, so that swing and miss was not a big surprise.

And Aboz, last page for an injury description.

He swung to try and not leave AJ out to dry. It wasn't a strike. And that's generally the risk-reward aspect to the hit-and-run, but like I said, you really count on us stringing a bunch of hits together to get Pierzynski home against this guy?