White Sox vs Yankees, 6/7/07 (L)

Chisoxfn

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:28 PM)
Is it me, or did Gonzalez just not catch that on the fly? Looks like he played the short hop, even though he should have caught it normally.

It looks much cooler catching the ball on a bounce.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:28 PM)
I agree, keep Prinz but keep all former Royals at Charlotte! f*** AAA lets go to AA!

Prinz sucks. Its a shame the Sox have him on the roster. Its outrageous if KW and Ozzie still think this is a championship calibur team. Its loaded with minor leaguers, even with mediocre major leaguers on the DL.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:29 PM)
I'm going to catch some s*** for this, but the Cubs are easily going to be the superior Chicago team over the next 3 years. That team has a ton of talent, and they're actually playing some good ball now. Once they get ARod next year, they're going to have an incredible team. Fire away on me now, I can take it.

They might compete for a playoff spot, nothing more than that. Their farm system is nothing special either.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 03:30 AM)
They might compete for a playoff spot, nothing more than that. Their farm system is nothing special either.

Look at that team though...they don't have the glaring holes that we're going to over the next few years. All their main positions will be filled, and Pie is leaps and bounds better than any of our jabronis. I'm sure their new owner will have no problem having a massive payroll.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Prinz sucks. Its a shame the Sox have him on the roster. Its outrageous if KW and Ozzie still think this is a championship calibur team. Its loaded with minor leaguers, even with mediocre major leaguers on the DL.

Jon Garland said back in April this team had the most talent and could win the World Series

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:34 PM)
If you run onto the field. You should be beaten within an inch of your life, shaved head to toe, and painted purple.

And then forced to watch 9 innings of White sox baseball.

As soon as Arod came up, I knew he was going to hit one out. This was one of the worst games I've seen all year. Hawk and DJ honestly sounded depressed. This team, aside from our starting pitching most of this year, is f***ing pathetic.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)
White Sox have been outscored 89-44 in their last 14 games, going 3-11.

They weren't a good team before then, maybe you could say they were mediocre. After this stretch, I don't know how anyone can claim this is anything but a BAD team.

I truly believe the worst-case scenario these next few weeks would be for the White Sox to perform well against the National League, and perhaps give management the illusion this team has turned itself around. Then there's the possibility Williams resists trading Buehrle or anyone else.

Edited by Flash Tizzle