White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/11/07 (L)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 12:41 AM)
I wonder if Jermaine has been reviewing tapes to figure out what he's doing so differently from last year.

He's not staying on top. He's hitting so many pop-ups this year. Last year, he was a line drive machine, as he would spray the ball all around the field with authority. I can't think of more than one or two hits he's had with authority to the opposite field this year. We just need to trade him yesterday, as his value will keep going down.

It would be impressive if we lose another game 2-0 where the only hits we allow our homers.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:37 PM)
Because I was a tutor for Roy Marble when he played at Univ. of Iowa...if you remember late 80's Iowa sports. Not sure how old you are.

We're officially the worst offense is modern White Sox history. Bring back Carlos Martinez, Calderon, and gasp, Kenny Williams. Heck, I'd take Eddie Williams at 3B at this point, or Chris Brown.

I was born in the late 80s, but the name rings a bell.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:42 PM)
He's not staying on top. He's hitting so many pop-ups this year. Last year, he was a line drive machine, as he would spray the ball all around the field with authority. I can't think of more than one or two hits he's had with authority to the opposite field this year. We just need to trade him yesterday, as his value will keep going down.

right, and isn't that what hitting coaches are for? To help young players adjust to big league hitting and help veterans notice the flaws in their swing?

QUOTE(spiderman @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 12:44 AM)
Look at this lineup.

AJ batting 3rd....

Mackowiak leading off...

Uribe batting 6th...

Dye can't hit....

Luis Terrero in CF.....

It's just a bad lineup.

8 minor leaguers on the roster. It's bad when I see the Astros lineup, and I think they have a lot better talent. This Phils lineup reminds me of the Yankees lineup. You see it, and you just don't feel like a team that can score more than 3 runs can beat them. Hamels will be interesting tomorrow.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 12:49 AM)
Javy Vazquez is awesome. I'm surprised he doesn't win 20 every year.

He's got such a losing mentality. He pitches just well enough to lose. He's the opposite of guys like Garcia or Pettitte, etc.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:50 PM)
I like this move by Ozzie.

I agree, I don't want to second guess, so I'll get in on this now, if Rowand beats you, then he beats you, can't let Howard do it

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 12:50 AM)
I agree, I don't want to second guess, so I'll get in on this now, if Rowand beats you, then he beats you, can't let Howard do it

How can you not walk Howard there? I applaud Ozzie for making the sane decision.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 12:52 AM)
The Royals kind of f***ed up their pitching this weekend. And our underachieving mopes make Eaton look like Johan.

It was like how the A's dominated the Royals pitching staff, and then they come into the Cell and have Cy Perez, Cy Elarton, and Cy De la Rosa.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:50 PM)
He's got such a losing mentality. He pitches just well enough to lose. He's the opposite of guys like Garcia or Pettitte, etc.

Correction - Vazquez is not awesome. He has very good starts, and starts, not so good.

He's a 3rd or 4th starter.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:52 PM)
Ugh, and the worst thing is going to have to hear all day tomorrow how Carlos Zambrano is back. We're going to be facing him next weekend at the Cell.

I know the Cubs are in a bad division, but if you watch some of their games, that team isn't a threat. They'll have flashes because of their offense, but they play bad baseball