Thome diffuses restaurant misbehavior

The Ginger Kid

Who cares about Patti LaBelle?

This story is about a singer looking to get some PR plain and simple end of story.

The bigger story is why was Marianne Rowand not with her husband?

Jesus Christ this is just stupid. To difuse the situation Guillen is going to take a run at the Phillie Phanatic this afternoon.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
4 letter words are not resturant appropriate, especially if able to be heard by other patrons. Common sense.

I totally agree. You are supposed to be more respectful of women and children as well. That language is not appropriate and it should be common sense. Also, if they were asked politely not to use such language then I don't know why they would berate the man and keep on acting so clueless. Plus - why are they that loud and obnoxious? Act like children then you get treated like children. It's a damn shame.

Seems to me that Labelle's manager, Make-a-Scene Pierre Paul, was being kind of a douche.

After they apologized the first time, that should have been enough.

DAMMIT - I should have gone with Drama Scene Pierre Paul.

:bang

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 11:45 AM)

After he asked them to refrain the first time that should have been enough.

I can appreciate Marianne not being offended by a few eff you's, and I likely wouldn't either, but I also wouldn't be saying it loud enough for others to hear it.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 11:59 AM)
After he asked them to refrain the first time that should have been enough.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but the article seems to state that after Pierzynski apologized, their table didn't say anything further and yet Paul came back twice more.

If they continued to talk loudly and cuss, then Paul was within his rights to come back and re-state his objections, but that's not the way the article reads to me.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 11:45 AM)
Seems to me that Labelle's manager, Make-a-Scene Pierre Paul, was being kind of a douche.

DAMMIT - I should have gone with Drama Scene Pierre Paul.

:bang

Maybe, but there is something to acting like an adult in a restaurant. People sitting around them shouldn't be subject to that kind of language. He shouldn't have had to go over to the table to begin with.

I get the idea the guy was butting into business that wasn't his. Why would Mrs. Rowand feel the need to say she wasn't offended and it was O.K.? That tells me the guy walked over and said "could you please watch your language, you are sitting with a lady" or something of the sort, instead of saying LaBelle and party were offended.

I would say that it also depends on the restaurant. Different places call for different behavior. I will act nice and quiet if it is an obvious place you go for a nice night out. But if you are in a sports bar type of place with noisey people, and I swear a little bit, oops. Yes, I do pay attention to who is around me, but if I am sitting next to some adults and I swear, deal with it. If there are kids, I watch my mouth and correct people with me who might get ugly with language. The whole "there are ladies" present is a bit of a joke in these days. I know more females with nasty mouths than I know guys.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 01:12 PM)
I get the idea the guy was butting into business that wasn't his. Why would Mrs. Rowand feel the need to say she wasn't offended and it was O.K.? That tells me the guy walked over and said "could you please watch your language, you are sitting with a lady" or something of the sort, instead of saying LaBelle and party were offended.

I would say that it also depends on the restaurant. Different places call for different behavior. I will act nice and quiet if it is an obvious place you go for a nice night out. But if you are in a sports bar type of place with noisey people, and I swear a little bit, oops. Yes, I do pay attention to who is around me, but if I am sitting next to some adults and I swear, deal with it. If there are kids, I watch my mouth and correct people with me who might get ugly with language. The whole "there are ladies" present is a bit of a joke in these days. I know more females with nasty mouths than I know guys.

It was the Capital Grille. Its a nice place, they have one in Chicago. For some reason I don't think Patti Labelle is going to be hanging in a sports bar.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 11:23 AM)
The bigger story is why was Marianne Rowand not with her husband?

Cindy Sandberg?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 01:54 PM)
Didn't Patti Labelle try to seduce a young Fresh Prince?

I thought that was Paula Abdul.