White Sox vs. Marlins, 6/20/07 (L)

dagotony06

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 02:39 PM)
No kidding...between this lineup and our bullpen, we're one of the worst teams in all of baseball. I honestly believe that Friday will be Buehrle's last start with the Sox.

Really?

I mean I'm not disagreeing, but I think KW might want to wait until July to drive up the value and wait as long as possible before pissing off the fans.

That's just me though

QUOTE(NYSox35 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 01:47 PM)
Really?

I mean I'm not disagreeing, but I think KW might want to wait until July to drive up the value and wait as long as possible before pissing off the fans.

That's just me though

Nothing pisses me off more as a fan and season ticketholder than watching the same thing night in and night out. There haven't been a lot of happy people at the games recently, and I think this team has been bad long enough to where even the most casual fan would understand change is a good thing.

QUOTE(NYSox35 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 06:47 PM)
Really?

That's just me though

If any fan actually believes this collection of talent is going to win a very good division, then they're a freaking idiot. The more we wait for the value to go up, the more we risk an injury to an aging player (Dye). The fans should be pissed off at KW and Ozzie for this year, but not because they'll trade some older players.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Josh Fields strikes out a lot. I'm not watching, but was it on a fastball? Pitchers do him a favor throwing him breaking balls. Better than average gas blows him away. His swing is pretty long.

yea its almost like josh cocks his bat back, then swings.

and jerry owens is terrible. just awful

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 01:58 PM)
Why no bunt?

How come a player that can hit and not bunt feels Guillen's rather (Iguchi) yet s*** players like Owens, Cintron and Uribe get consistent time. Jerry Owens has no business being in the majors over Sweeney BTW.

sad.

Sadly, there are several players like that on the roster.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 01:59 PM)
Owens so overmatched-he hasnt a chance.

When will KW see the light and acquire a real lead off hitter? Erstad is not a lead off hitter. Pods is always hurt. Look at the numbers when Pods plays and gets on base. The Sox do well. Get someone else to do that. Andy Gonzalez, Jerry Owens? These guys should be hitting ninth in the Independent League.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When will KW see the light and acquire a real lead off hitter? Erstad is not a lead off hitter. Pods is always hurt. Look at the numbers when Pods plays and gets on base. The Sox do well. Get someone else to do that. Andy Gonzalez, Jerry Owens? These guys should be hitting ninth in the Independent League.

a_ichiro_i.jpg

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 02:01 PM)

You want Williams to do something?

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 07:04 PM)
a_ichiro_i.jpg

Yep, I'm sure Ichiro is just jumping at the chance to play for a team that was under .500 in 2007 and looking to go young at many positions in 2008. Give up the Ichiro dream, it's not going to happen. Aaron Rowand will be our starting CF in 2008, I guarantee it.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 02:05 PM)
You want Williams to do something?

No. I hope he re-signs Pods for $4 million next offseason and talks about how effective the Sox are when he's "playing his game". For a guy with a reputation of being a gunslinger, KW sure has taken a very conservative approach recently.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:06 PM)
Yep, I'm sure Ichiro is just jumping at the chance to play for a team that was under .500 in 2007 and looking to go young at many positions in 2008. Give up the Ichiro dream, it's not going to happen. Aaron Rowand will be our starting CF in 2008, I guarantee it.

I'm not sure about Rowand, but I def agree with you on the Ichiro thing.

Reason I say what I do about ARow is b/c I think he'll price himself out of what we'd

be willing to pay. Wouldn't you say right now he's in the 4/32 range?

1-1

double and an rbi single all with 2 outs, i guess it happens to every team, not just the sox. it happened to lincecum last night when i was in milwaukee vs the brewers

QUOTE(Balance @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's our current score and inning?

bottom 4, 1-1, 0-2 on fields, 2 outs

2-1, way to go josh