White Sox vs. Marlins, 6/20/07 (L)

dagotony06

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 04:50 PM)
Listen online. I'm not watching it either yet I was able to tell it was a solid hit, not to mention the guy is having a great day at the plate.

Common sense.

Is there a free way to do that?

I already shelled out $160 for MLB extra innings for when I'm home, so I don't want to pour more $ into this lost season.

QUOTE(NYSox35 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
Again, have no access to the game right now...

To sum it up for you. Garland pitched amazing. Uribe's (although is hitting the ball well today) fielding cost the Sox at least 1 BIG run. Jenks (our only reliable guy from the pen) is getting hit hard. Nothing surprising here... nobody can come up w/ that clutch hit and the relievers are continuing to not RELIEVE the starters.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:49 PM)
The downfall of Jenks begins? Similar to how it began on July 9th of last season against Boston.

I don't care what anyone says, Jenks should be traded before 2008 begins. His declining velocity coupled with past injuries leads me to believe his fall-off could occur within the next several seasons. Considering this team won't contend for several years, why not sell-off the most valuable trading chip? He's practically useless closing out meaningless games.

This just isn't based on today, either.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
Well if I really meant 80, then yes, it would of been frustration. But I meant 50. And that isn't frustration, he probably really is 50.

Gotcha. Though to be honest, in frustration I've said he's 120. ;)

QUOTE(earthshiner @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 01:51 PM)
no but maybe take at least one pitch. At least that would make it look like he has a clue. I mean he just walked two guys. However, he did put a nice swing on that line drive and the guy made a hell of a catch.

He took the first pitch of the at bat for a strike...

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 04:52 PM)
To sum it up for you. Garland pitched amazing. Uribe's (although is hitting the ball well today) fielding cost the Sox at least 1 BIG run. Jenks (our only reliable guy from the pen) is getting hit hard. Nothing surprising here... nobody can come up w/ that clutch hit and the relievers are continuing to not RELIEVE the starters.

Thanks for the summary, Scott.

Sure sounds ugly...

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
Tomorrow's going to be one of those long days with annoying trade proposals listed.

Tommorrow is going to be a fun day of golfing. :cheers

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
Could it be that maybe he was exaggerating out of frustration....?

werent you just saying there is no room in this thread for common sense? ;)

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
I don't care what anyone says, Jenks should be traded before 2008 begins. His declining velocity coupled with past injuries leads me to believe his fall-off could occur within the next several seasons. Considering this team won't contend for several years, why not sell-off the most valuable trading chip? He's practically useless closing out meaningless games.

yeah it is. Its totally based off today. theres no way you thoought that when he was cruising most of the year.

ALtough you might be right. Not so much to trade him, but to be prepared for when he falls.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second this post