Chris Benoit...

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:01 PM)
We're discussing this in the wrestling thread, but I'll put this here, too:

UPDATE: Benoit called in to WWE Sunday and said he would be unable to make it back as his family was ill and they were spitting up blood.

It makes you wonder though, if they were all spitting up blood and sick.. why were they not in the emergency room or at a hospital or something? They all just spit up some blood and decided to try and sleep it off?

Thats the only thing confusing me here

Talk about a sick irony....I checked info on the wrestling program tonight and it says "Mr. McMahon's Memorial Service" as the detail. I guess 2 weeks ago they faked his death in a limo explosion as part of a storyline for the shows. I'm sure all those people really feel like s*** now.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:25 PM)
Talk about a sick irony....I checked info on the wrestling program tonight and it says "Mr. McMahon's Memorial Service" as the detail. I guess 2 weeks ago they faked his death in a limo explosion as part of a storyline for the shows. I'm sure all those people really feel like s*** now.

If anyone in the McMahon family had souls, I bet they would feel bad.

But that family has plunged the depths of poor taste so many times, and for so long, I doubt they feel much of anything right now.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:28 PM)
If anyone in the McMahon family had souls, I bet they would feel bad.

But that family has plunged the depths of poor taste so many times, and for so long, I doubt they feel much of anything right now.

Vince needs to be out there on the show and bring everybody together like he did with Eddie, storylines be damned.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:35 PM)
Vince needs to be out there on the show and bring everybody together like he did with Eddie, storylines be damned.

Is Raw still starting at 7 tonight?

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:35 PM)

Yes.

He needs to pay the proper respect to a great performer and at the same time kill off one of the worst storylines in recent memory (and that's saying something).

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:39 PM)
It's supposed to be a three hour Raw so 7 CST should be the start time.

Yeah thats what I meant, starting at the 3 hour time.. forgot that it wasn't common knowledge we are all in central time :P

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:42 PM)
LCR ignores Daylight Savings Time cuz HE'S HARDCORE!! HE'S HARDCORE!!!

:D

LOL.

That timing schedule is mine....and come Monday, I'm gonna be needing it back.

You say your name is daylight's savings time and your job is to give us an extra hour of daylight. I say your name is daylight's savings time and you're a bathturd!

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:19 PM)
It makes you wonder though, if they were all spitting up blood and sick.. why were they not in the emergency room or at a hospital or something? They all just spit up some blood and decided to try and sleep it off?

Thats the only thing confusing me here

This is what I said after I read the "coughing up blood" report.

Wrestling's extended royal family is cursed. First Brian Pillman, then Owen Hart, then the British Bulldog, and now Chris Benoit. Terrible.

Also: "WWE cancelled the scheduled live Raw show scheduled for June 25, and will be airing a non-live tribute to Benoit in its place."

More: Vince McMahon broke the news to the wrestlers backstage about the death of Chris Benoit and his family.

One wrestler who was present tells PWTorch that everyone was gathered for an urgent, impromptu gathering backstage. McMahon then explained the basics - that Chris Benoit and his wife and won were found dead. He didn't elaborate or provide any details, and may not have known any more himself. "I've never seen a locker room floored like that. Seventy percent of everyone was just floored like I've never seen before. Everyone is just sad. He was well-liked by everyone. No one ever had a bad word for him. He and Bobby Eaton, that's what people say about those two."

He added: "He never complained about sh-- (in his personal life), but lately it always looked like something wasn't setting right with him inside, like something was eating at him."

There are no police reports yet confirming the backstage info circulating that they all did of gunshot wounds.

Vince chose the right thing and came out there talking about the demise of his character and paid tribute to Benoit.

Good thing that they have such an extensive video library to go to to get his best matches for the show along with some of the wrestlers that want to speak. They made the right decision to not let a damn one of them in the ring.

Well Vince did the right thing and basically ended his story line.

When I told my friend who watches wrestling every day he was basically devastated.

I mean of all the people Benoit, it just is one of those unimaginable things. Going from supposed to win the belt last night, to dead.