White Sox vs. Royals, 6/29/07 (L)

Balance

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
I've seen some impressive feats this year, but leaving a starting pitcher in the game 4 batters too long might top the list. I don't care if they win or lose right now, but Ozzie leaving Contreras in to die is just f***ing retarded with regards to his trade value.
Ozzie actually does this quite a bit, and with the trade value on the line, 6 innings and 3 runs does not look too bad compared to 6.1IP and 6 runs against the Royals. I am sure KW's phone is ringing off the hook for Count now.

Logan had 4 pitches, he definitely needed to come out.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 09:31 PM)
Even if you don't re-sign Buehrle you still need to deal away the $20M albatross. He's going to give you nothing over the next 2 years, keeping him will not help make up for the loss of Buehrle. Luckily I think KW knows this.

Change "think" to "hope". We know our GM lusts for overpriced, past their prime veterans, but that may only include ones that don't play for him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 09:32 PM)
Yep, that's just super. As Phil Rogers so wisely puts it, we're a year away from our back end of the rotation becoming the front end. Contreras will never put up an ERA under 4.75 again...his stuff is just too mediocre.

Don't usually agree with PR, but even he could see what our genuis GM is up to.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 09:33 PM)
Change "think" to "hope". We know our GM lusts for overpriced, past their prime veterans, but that may only include ones that don't play for him.

Such as?

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 02:34 AM)
Don't usually agree with PR, but even he could see what our genuis GM is up to.

If we trade Buehrle, we should also trade Contreras and then use that money to upgrade so many of the holes that we do have. Let Floyd and Gio get some major league experience during the 2nd half of the season.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 02:36 AM)
Anybody know where George Ofman lives?

He did nothing wrong...at least he knew the Sox were interested in trying to negotiate with him. If anything, I have a feeling this was more the Sox organization leaking stuff to try and make them look good than anything else. It's really, really going to backfire on them.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)
If we trade Buehrle, we should also trade Contreras and then use that money to upgrade so many of the holes that we do have. Let Floyd and Gio get some major league experience during the 2nd half of the season.

I agree completely and I really think that's what will take place. KW is not an idiot, he knows Contreras has nothing left and he'll continue to look for a buyer just as he has been for the past few weeks.

I think all this speculation about trade talks was bulls***. It was just for the fans, to show that KW and JR tried to sign MB, and now we will part ways, and paint MB to be the greedy money hungry athlete. Typical Whitesox.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 02:40 AM)
I think all this speculation about trade talks was bulls***. It was just for the fans, to show that KW and JR tried to sign MB, and now we will part ways, and paint MB to be the greedy money hungry athlete. Typical Whitesox.

If this was KW's plan, it's going to backfire on him big time. I had a feeling this might be happening when they made it public that Hahn was going to Tampa.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 09:40 PM)

It would be nice if this organization signed it own once in a while, particularly since our minor league system is only used for growing tumbleweeds.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 09:41 PM)
If this was KW's plan, it's going to backfire on him big time. I had a feeling this might be happening when they made it public that Hahn was going to Tampa.

Which should make Soxfest very entertaining when the Sox have the fourth highest ticket values in baseball and field Konerko, Thome, and the Triple A never-will-be's again next year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 10:41 PM)
I hope that is not the case, but I had that in the back of my mind the whole time. After KW had said in the past that he would keep talks about Buehrle quiet and that he would not discuss extensions during the season, this whole thing seemed out of place.

The next SoxFest should be really entertaining if Buehrle is traded.

Edited by RME JICO

Contreras better cut down on that drop-down side-arm crap and go back to throwing majority of his pitches over the top, using the drop-down only once in a while to fool hitters not most of the time as he's been doing.

Cooper shouldn't have encouraged him to drop down so much last year. I remember when Jose was still going strong Coop was talking about adding yet another angle to his delivery to make him "even more dominant." It seems as since then he has forgotten about throwing over the top and has fallen in love with the sidearm slot. He's not been as effective since.